help finding the right doctor...Pepperell, ma

Joanne D.
on 6/8/04 3:13 am - :-), MA
I am in the process of having made the decision to have weight loss surgery but am trying to find the right doctor...i see many people from surrounding towns using MD's that are not local??? any suggestions I would love them...
Nancy I.
on 6/8/04 4:16 am - worcester, MA
I used dr malcom robinson from brigham and womens hospital in boston and i have to be honest i have been extremely pleased with all of his staff i just had my surgery last week and he was wonderful as well as his team at the hospital
DJJCHARRIS
on 6/8/04 6:46 am - Winchendon, MA
I went thru the doctors of UMass in worcester. The whole team is wonderful . We also have wonderful support groups. Best of luck. Dawn -73
ncrocker64
on 6/9/04 12:46 am - Merrimac, MA
I am using Dr. Sheldon Randall out of Medford MA. He is awesome and I know several people who had him as well and they all love him. He will only do open RNY. Keep that in mind when making a decision.
Donna D.
on 6/9/04 2:38 am - Randolph, MA
Patricia, It doesn't say where you live but I am having mine at BIDMC in a couple of weeks & I live on the south shore. It all depends on whether you want to travel to go to the testing & support groups pre-op & post-op. Personally I don't mind & I'd rather go to someplace that does them all the time than a place that doesn't. But that is my opinion Donna
Joanne D.
on 6/9/04 10:20 pm - :-), MA
Thank you all for the great advice on Doctors..I live on the NH border so I am also looking into Southern New Hampshire Medical Center..the MD there trained with Dr Shikora(??sp) at NEMC or BI having a brain cramp related to his profile ANYWAY his name is Dr. Drinkwater...each research is one step closer.. I have to say this site is wonderfuly supportive and full of great information thanks again!
Mary Y.
on 6/10/04 1:18 am - Enfield, CT
Dr. Drinkwater is GREAT. He performed surgery on me years ago (not gastric - but related) and he was awesome.
cinnponce
on 6/10/04 3:13 am - Seminole, FL
Hi, I'm just starting the process but the surgeons at NEMC came very well recommended and from what I see of their program, it is very thorough and supportive. I look forward to getting through all the required visits and getting a date. Good Luck to you. Sue
hope4life
on 6/11/04 12:33 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
I know I am late in responding but Dr. Malcolm Robinson is who is doing my Open RNY and their office is excellent from what I experienced so far. Jennifer the scheduler and do it all girl is extremely efficient and very very awesome. They are out of Brigham & Womens in Boston. But I highly recommend him. Good Luck and please let us know what you decide. Good Luck to you! Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views