I have a surgery date!

ncrocker64
on 6/4/04 11:14 am - Merrimac, MA
Hi everyone, I am have my GBP on June 28th. I have been planning this for 6 months now and the time has flown by. I've researched and read anything I can get my hands on about the procedure and everything that goes along with it. I just can't seem to find an answer to one of my questions. I have IBS and want to know how this will be affected after the surgery? Does anyone have IBS and how was it affected?
sharons_ma
on 6/4/04 11:43 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations on the date! It's a great date if I do say so myself. Not to sound dumb... but what is IBS? - Sharon
ncrocker64
on 6/7/04 12:31 am - Merrimac, MA
Hi Sharon, IBS as Willi has already told is Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The only way to describe the symptoms is it sounds the same as everything I have read about Dumping. You get the severe abdominal pain which is caused by spasms and depending on the sererity of the pain you get hot flashes and sweats until everything passes out of your body usually in the form of liquid stools. Some people who have this also get constipated alot but I do not. The spasms are usually triggered by certain foods that you eat although had to pinpoint which ones, also high intake of sugars or carbs and sometimes high fat foods, caffeine will do it too. Based on all this, I am hoping this surgery will be my cure since I will not be able to eat the types of foods that will cause an attack. And I will avoid foods that will cause Dumping because I already know what it's like.
Willi R.
on 6/4/04 8:38 pm - Erving, MA
Good for you, Nancy! I had mine on 5/28 and I am doing so well! Down 13.4 lbs already at one week! Sharon, IBS is Irritable Bowel Syndrome and is a pain in the ***! Although I don't have it, I do know people who do and it would be a blessing if surgery helped it. I don't know the answer to that Nancy, sorry. I do hope that it helps you. Willi Ryan
ncrocker64
on 6/7/04 12:22 am - Merrimac, MA
Thank you Willi. Congratulations on you successful surgery. I hope mine goes as well. Keep up the great work.
cinnponce
on 6/6/04 11:55 am - Seminole, FL
Nancy, That's great news. I cannot wait until I get to that point in my journey. Best of luck to you. Sue
hope4life
on 6/6/04 10:42 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Nancy, I don't know if this post will help but here goes....I had a colonoscopy done a couple of months ago. I wasn't technically diagnosed with IBS but they treated me for it. Whether or not this is a diagonosis, I don't know. I don't have a bad case of it and I am hoping that when I have my surgery in September (yes, it is scheduled) it will go away. I never took my meds cuz they made me feel real funky so I just take good ole Pepto Bismol or Immodium and it seems to help, although I think I should own stock in it by now...LOL....I hope this helps you in some way. Erin
hope4life
on 6/6/04 10:43 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
P. S. Congratulations on your surgery date! It is coming really really soon. Good Luck! Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views