Nutrition consult

Luann S.
on 6/2/04 12:14 pm - Randolph, MA
I had my nutrition consult yesterday and will go to a support group meeting next Tuesday. I only have the psych testing left to do, the sleep study is for my own health, getting the CPAP fitted, as I definitely have sleep apnea! I am starting to feel that the wait will not be as long as I was originally told. My older son is going away to college in Canada and since they don't have the Thanksgiving break, he won't be home until Christmas once he leaves. He said the other day,"Wow mom, when I come home, you could look entirely different!" The nutritionist explained the different phases of the diet and changes in behavior while eating and so I have been trying to "practice" small bites, chewing well, no fluids with meals. I am amazed how much less I eat that way IF I remember to do those things! Does, did anyone else have this fantasy: "If I make all these behavior changes now, maybe I will be too thin to qualify for the surgery"! Yeah, keep dreaming! Luann ~I am still a hot babe. It just comes in flashes ~
hope4life
on 6/2/04 10:42 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Luann, Wow! Everything is coming so fast for you. Next week I am having all of my testing done....bingabang bingaboom.....June 9th is my nutritionists appointment a/w/a my gallbladder u/s and funny how you posted this. I was about to post something about the nutritionist too.....LOL....... I have learned so much from you. Do you have a surgery date yet or are they waiting till all of the testing done first? Erin
Donna D.
on 6/3/04 10:42 am - Randolph, MA
Luann, Where are you going to have your surgery? Who's the surgeon? I don't have that fantasy but I try to do the same but I haven't mastered it yet. I don't think we'll have a problem after surgery, it not you end up not feeling well & might throw up. Nice thought huh? That'll teach us!!
Luann S.
on 6/3/04 1:17 pm - Randolph, MA
I am having my surgery at Boston Medical Center. The surgeon is Dr. Hess, I like him and I know people who have had the surgery done by him. I won't get a date until all the testing in complete (end of June-the CPAP titration isn't testing it's treatment) and the insurance has approved. I was initially told 9 months, but people who should know seem to indicate that it might not be that long. I hope not, but if it is I will just have to wait. This board and every on it has been so helpful and inspiring! I look at the before and after photos and dream about being thinner, but also about being able to give up my diabetes medication and BP meds! Luann
Donna D.
on 6/4/04 4:26 am - Randolph, MA
Dr. Hess was at the WLS fashion show & so were a few of his patients. I think that the wait is a bit less because there seems to be less wanting it done right now, possibly because of the deaths recently & also I see more surgeons doing it so less wait time. Donna
Luann S.
on 6/4/04 10:19 am - Randolph, MA
Wow, that is amazing that a surgeon would take a Sunday afternoon to attend a function like that! My primary care told me one of her other patients was in the fashion show and is doing great! (No HIPPA violation, the woman was in a story about the fashion show in the Ledger)!
hope4life
on 6/3/04 9:59 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
I know what you mean Luann.....I dream of being healthy and being thin is an added bonus....but I too, look at the before and after pics and try to picture a whole new me. Kinda hard cuz I have never been healthy or slim. Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views