4 wks post op

Mary F.
on 6/2/04 12:18 am - Cambridge, MA
Been reading from everyone. I'm 4weeks out...feeling very tired. thought things would be better by now. Any andvice from someone at my point?
Luann S.
on 6/2/04 11:55 am - Randolph, MA
Mary, What kind of surgery did you have? I am still pre-op for this surgery but having had 2 other kinds of surgeries with general anesthesia in the past year, I swear it was the recovery from anesthesia that made me feel sooooooo tired! I hope others will have words of wisdom for you, I imagine we do feel tired after what is a major physical assault on our bodies! I am sure you will be over the hump soon. If you had open surgery, it really does take a minimum of 6 weeks for tissue and muscle to heal completely and your body uses a lot of energy to do that! From what others have said, follow your surgeon's advice, fluids and protien seem to be key. Good luck and keep checking in to let us know how you are doing! Luann ~I'm still a hot babe. It just comes in flashes ~
Donna D.
on 6/4/04 4:35 am - Randolph, MA
Mary Frances, Are you getting all your protein in? And fluids? What does your doc say? Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views