Lapband Question

Josephine JOEY D.
on 5/29/04 2:13 pm - Florence, MA
Hi, I was wondering how many folks were considering and having Lapband surgeries done these days? Is it still really difficult to get insurance approval ... Just curious ... (It took me three years to get approval and through all the red tape!) Joey
DivaRN71
on 5/31/04 10:39 pm - RI
Hi Joesphine Joey, I just had a lap band put in last week and I am feeling great !!! (Burping like a sailor but feeling great!!!!) It did not take me long at all to get insurance approval (2 days). There is a lapband forum and message board on here as well, where there are many people who are upcoming to have surgery done. I am glad I made the decision, although I haven't had my first fill yet. Stephanie
DJJCHARRIS
on 6/1/04 4:28 am - Winchendon, MA
My girlfriend had her lapband done in March this year. Her insurance approval came back within a weeks time. We were told that the insurance companies were starting to approve lapbands without a fight after January 2004.
Amy L.
on 6/9/04 6:15 am - Boston, MA
One of the doc's at Beth Israel Bariatric's program is giving an info session specifically geared just towards the Lap Band. It's next Wednesday night. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do lap roux-en-y but I'm going to check it out - can't hurt to have more information. P.S. To those who don't recognize me --- I'm a bonafide lurker......I'll admit it..lol....I've been reading on and off on this site since last December....but now that I've made my decision about surgery and my consult date is fast approaching 7/9 - I think you'll all be hearing much more from me
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views