The day after tomorrow................

Willi R.
on 5/26/04 6:00 am - Erving, MA
I am kind of distracted today. Went home early from work because I couldn't concentrate. I am spending the day getting ready tomorrow. I guess that I have to keep really busy now because I am beginning to get cold feet. I know that this is right and haven't let myself be nervous until this week but it is creeping up on me whenever I have any downtime. Anyone have any suggestions? I have to be sane until Friday morning. By the way, my friends are all sending skinny angels to be at my side in the OR! Willi
CATHYSDAN
on 5/26/04 9:06 am - three rivers, MA
You will do well, We will all be praying for you and sending you warm pleasant thoughts. Best of luck, Cathy
Carolyn C.
on 5/26/04 9:48 pm - Watertown, MA
Good Luck!!! See you on the losing side. Carolyn
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/04 10:48 pm - haverhill, MA
Willi, Good luck with your surgery. The day before my surgery, I spent time making a list of all the things I was looking forward to doing as a smaller person. Fitting in an airplane seat...comfortably...climbing the stairs without stopping to catch my breath.....walking without the awful pain in my feet....etc....you get the idea. I also spent time looking at the before and after pictures on this website. Great inspiration!
Willi R.
on 5/26/04 11:36 pm - Erving, MA
Kimberly, Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that. I can't seem to get out of my own way today. I have showered and dried my hair. I am going to get my nails done and pick up a few things. I can't wait to go thru the mall and not be hurting from all of this weight on my hips and knees! I want to be able to cook for my family again..........not just quick stuff but the real deal. I want to be able to go places without hurting. I want to fit into normal clothes and not be embarassed to have my picture taken. Yes! Thanks again! Willi
Amy S.
on 5/27/04 4:49 am - Hillsboro, or
Willi, Kim makes a great suggestion (as always!! ) On the same note one thing I did before surgery was make a video diary entry to myself on my webcam which I watched at 7 months post-op. In the video I talked about my emotions at the time, what I was excited about, what I was expecting, my fears... etc. Now when I watched it I was totally blown away, not only by what I said but by how I LOOKED! It was amazing to see myself talking/moving when I was 350 lbs. Pictures are so 2-dimensional. well... I suppose technically videos are 2 dimensional as well, but you get my drift. So yeah, write a letter, make lists, and if you can, make yourself a 5-10 minute video to yourself. Best of luck, can't wait to see your losing posts Amy Lap RNY 10/22/03 349/226/???
Willi R.
on 5/27/04 6:50 am - Erving, MA
Amy, The day after tomorrow is now tomorrow morning. I am nervous but holding my own. I don't own a video cam but I did have a friend take some pictures yesterday so that I can compare. I had my nails done and I am packing. I am ready. See you on the losing side. Thanks for the support! Willi
hope4life
on 5/27/04 9:50 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Willi, you are going to do just fine.....I am so excited for you...Sept 2nd seems so far away for me. Just think of how healthy you are going to be. Just like Kimberly said. Your health is going to improve 10 fold. Good Luck to you Willi! I'll be thinking of you and I will send a prayer your way for peace of mind. You have us here cheering you on and being with you spritually. ((((HUGS)))) Erin
Donna D.
on 5/28/04 3:24 am - Randolph, MA
Willi, I'm praying for you. I'm 4 weeks from today & just think how you'll feel in 4 weeks when I go thru the surgery. We all are with you & think about you. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views