I'm sane!!

sharons_ma
on 5/24/04 5:25 am - Boston, MA
Well, as far as I can tell. My psych meeting took a scant 15 - 20 minutes and never once did she ring for a straight jacket! WHEW!! Not !!! She did ask the Count back from 100 by 7's and who is president, previous president and president before that. (the Bush sandwich). Oh, and "Do I hear voices". Ya, like I would admit to that. Away we go. Next step, Insurance Approval!! - Sharon
Willi R.
on 5/24/04 8:03 am - Erving, MA
Sharon, If we can get through the Psych eval then the rest is a piece of cake You'll have a date before you know it! So, do the happy dance and keep goin' to get the insurance approval. Willi
sharons_ma
on 5/24/04 8:48 am - Boston, MA
Thanks Willi! I will join you in that dance. Funny thing; I got my date before the nutritionist and psych appointments. So... in just 35 days I'll be on my way!! - Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/04 8:56 am - haverhill, MA
Hey Sharon. Congrats on getting one step closer!
Luann S.
on 5/24/04 10:03 am - Randolph, MA
Of course you're sane! It's nice to have it be official though! I am terrible at math-I hope I don't get asked that question!
Mea A.
on 5/24/04 1:26 pm - Western, MA
HI Sharon EEEK! i can't count backwards from 100 by sevens . I must be insane, hope it's only temporary Congrats on your upcoming date Mea
Knotty D.
on 5/24/04 11:38 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hey Sharon, congrats on your sanity certification. I would try to get insurance approval as quickly as possible, there are always those in insurance that look for reasons not to cover this surgery, in fact, BCBS and many other insurers in the state are waiting to see the outcome of the Department of Public Health's investigation into WLS. If they deem it unssafe, insurance will refuse to cover it based on safety issues, citing liability issues. I don't meen to bring you down at all, but please get approval as quickly as possible. Once you have the approval letter, they can't refuse to cover it. Good Luck! Joe
Knotty D.
on 5/25/04 3:42 am - Marlborough, MA
Wow, my spelling really stinks..LOL My apoligies to those who notice and or care. Joe
sharons_ma
on 5/28/04 10:28 am - Boston, MA
Thanks for the info Joe! I'll be much happier when I get the approval. The office didn't think that there would be any issue with my insurance. But, like you say, anything can happen. I think what BCBS is doing really stinks. I don't believe patient safty is their true concern. Face it, WLS has a price tag associated with it. Maybe they should weigh the long term cost of obesity vs the surery. But I digress... I'm wondering if Tuesday is too soon to call for an update. Have a great day! - Sharon
hope4life
on 5/25/04 4:17 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
I would have failed! How the H. E. Doublehockey sticks do you count backwards in 7's???? I can do it in 5's but not 7's Do you hear voices??? What kind of question is that??? ROTFL MY 244 OFF!! "Yeah, it is telling me I am obese and need WLS" OMG, they would have locked me up and thrown away the key.....LOL....Gosh, that is killing me. Well, I am so excited for you. You are another step closer. On my end of the deal, I turned in all the paperwork and clearance letters they need. They got my colonoscopy report, the clearance letter from my therapist and my pulmonologist....*whew* (those were my toughies) So now I have to go to the nutritionist June 9th. I also have my gallbladder u/s that AM too. June 10th is my cardiologist appt, June 12th is the sleep study and June 14th is the last and final test...the GI test for ulcers. Anyone have the GI test done???? Keeping my fingers crossed that you have your date ASAP.....(((HUGS))) & surgery date vibes being cyberly sent as we "speak"....... Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views