I owe you all an apology......

hope4life
on 5/23/04 10:11 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
I finally tripped myself up. All this time I have not been using my real name and when I posted a reply I accidentally put my real first name only. The reason I did this was because when I was here before a reporter got my name and unlisted number and began calling me. But I missed everyone here and wanted to still be a member so I created a phony name. Anyways, I will be here as Erin O'Brien my alter ego. I am sorry if anyone feels duped. It was not my intention. I just don't want any strangers calling me at home. I do truly apologize. I am still me and i hope no one is angry with me. Thank you all. Erin
sharons_ma
on 5/24/04 12:25 am - Boston, MA
Erin - Recently a number of people, including myself, have changed their profiles. It's very dangerous to put your 'real name' online. One of the fellows over at the Main Message Board was outted by his colleagues. They had done a search and found his AMOS posts; whi*****luded medical information, because, well, that's why we are all here. That colleague used the information at work and caused horrible problems. The fact that your privacy was invaded by a reporter does not surprise me. It's their job to get the story - unfortunatly WLS is a very hot topic right now. So, no bad as far as I'm concerned!! If you wanted to be Elvira Queen of WLS that would be okay too. Have fun with the name! Sharon
Kim T.
on 5/24/04 3:05 am - Dracut, MA
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i wanted to be Elvira Queen of WLS no worries here Erin, and no need to explain... I'm not that bright, didnt catch it anyway ~Kim
sharons_ma
on 5/24/04 5:16 am - Boston, MA
Erin hasn't taken it yet... hurry up and scoop it up. She can be Mistress of AMOS.
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/04 1:35 am - haverhill, MA
There is nothing at all wrong with using a different name on the boards. I completely understand why you are doing this. There is no need for you to worry about it.
Patty S.
on 5/24/04 4:45 am - Haverhill, MA
Erin, Just as long as we don't see you in a Citibank credit card commercial bragging how you became someone else and bought new clothes. Believe me, we understand. . . especially since WLS is the new 'rage' for weight loss and there are still individuals (those without weight issues) who don't nor do they want to understand why we have this type of surgery. Patty
Mea A.
on 5/25/04 2:08 am - Western, MA
Hi Erin - No apology necessary! You are free to post as anyone you want to be on the internet, as long as you aren't MISTRESS DOMINATIA! That's me ! Mea
hope4life
on 5/25/04 4:09 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Thanks. I was so afraid that everyone would be so mad at me. Elvira huh???? Gotta love it! Thanks *tears* I was afraid everybody would hate me. Erin
Brendielee
on 5/28/04 2:32 am - Groton, MA
Awww how could we hate you?????? We are all family here!
Donna D.
on 5/28/04 3:28 am - Randolph, MA
No apology necessary. How smart are you to use a phony name. I didn't even think about it. duh... Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views