Two Days Away Until Surgery

Mary M.
on 5/22/04 8:59 am - Marlbourgh, MA
It is saturday and Tuesday is just around the corner. Any last minute adivce?? I am getting nervous and want time to come quickly. My husband had surgery 31/2 weeks ago and doing great, so I hope I follow in his footsteps. I want to wish everyone good thoughts on their surgery dates. Until next time. Keep Smiling
cinnponce
on 5/22/04 12:49 pm - Seminole, FL
I'm sure everything will be fine Mary. I just started the program at NEMC and I can't wait to be on the other side. I went to a Post-op support meeting last Monday and the stories were so inspiring. I just had my psych eval and start my behavioral classes in June. Good Luck and think positive thoughts. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/04 10:29 pm - haverhill, MA
Good luck Mary. It is great that you have your husband to share the journey with!
Luann S.
on 5/23/04 12:17 am - Randolph, MA
Good luck Mary! Wow the time flew between your delay and this rescheduled surgery! Be sure to take nice deep breaths to keep your lungs expanded (as long as you don't need any assistance, I guess some people with respiratory problems may need support a little longer). I second that walking! I have not had WLS surgery yet but having had 2 c-sections and an appendectomy, I always use this hint that a nurse gave me when I had my first son. I tell my childbirth ed students when teaching about c-section. When you get out of bed imagine that you have a giant hot air balloon on the top of your head. Take a breath in as you stand and think of the baloon carrying you up! By breathing and imagining lightness, you will tend to let your muscles relax more, decreasing pain. When you go to sit down, imagine the balloon is letting you down gently and give a big exhale, with a sigh, like the wooosh of a hot air balloon. Whatever you do, don't hold your breath-your muscles need oxygen or they will complain! Looking forward to hearing from you on the losing side! Luann ~I'm still a hot babe, but now it comes in flashes~
hope4life
on 5/23/04 10:19 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Mary! Wow! Tomorrow is the day!! Best wishes. The only advice I can offer would be to think about how healthy you are going to be. You will be on your way to a totally new & happier & healthy life. How exciting it is going to be. (It is what keeps me calm about the whole process. I am scheduled for surgery Sept 2) I am so jealous. I wish I could have my surgery tomorrow too but FMLA won't allow me too. *sigh* Good Luck tomorrow Mary. I am thinking of you and I will say an extra prayer for you (although you'll be just fine. It'll be a breeze). Erin
Willi R.
on 5/24/04 8:09 am - Erving, MA
Mary, THe angels will be sitting on your shoulders in that OR. Can you ask for better? I am only three days behind you and I am trying hard to keep my cool. I will be waiting to hear that you arrived on the other side. Willi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views