Six more days!

Willi R.
on 5/21/04 8:27 pm - Erving, MA
I am so excited! Only six more days and so much to do. I just can't wait to be on the other side. Now I just have to be patient, hard thing for me to do. Willi
Luann S.
on 5/21/04 9:37 pm - Randolph, MA
Willi, I am excited for all of you who have dates! Think positive thoughts, try to relax and put yourself in losing frame of mind! Good luck! Luann ~I'm still a hot babe but now it comes in flashes~
Karen B.
on 5/22/04 3:19 am - Vineyard Haven, MA
Best of luck, Willi. I'm scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, 5/25, and I'm feeling a bit more relaxed today. Had a hard time with it all for the past week, but for some reason today I'm fine and looking forward to it. My process sounds very similar to yours...fast. It was a total of 2 months from start to surgery and I really haven't had time to have too many second thoughts. I also have a problem driving into Boston, so I've been taking the train and T to get to Tufts. Makes for a long day, but at least I don't get lost. I'm hoping I don't get any post-op check-up dates during the Democratic National Convention. I'm sure when all is said and done we will be on these boards praising the surgery and how it has changed our lives and why did we wait so long. That seems to be the theme here. I'll be thinking of you. Karen
Willi R.
on 5/22/04 6:06 pm - Erving, MA
Thank you for all of your lovely replies. I am getting more nervous now that our Federal review is over and I have time to think about it. Since I have not been nervous until now my family is taking this with a grain of salt and now that I'm getting uptight I want them to be there reassuring me. If I say this to my husband I know that he will just say "then why are you doing this?" or something of that nature. He just doesn't understand the emotions that go on with this. He is the only one going with me on the morning of surgery, The boys either have school or work. I guess that I am a bit blue about this. I'm not sure if they don't get it or if they are just avoiding it. They are not little........15 to 22, four of them. Anybody else get blue before their surgery?
Luann S.
on 5/23/04 12:03 am - Randolph, MA
Hi Willi, I can't answer your question about feeling blue before surgery, because I've not been there yet, but as mom of 2 boys, I think I can shed some insight. YOU are the most important person in the world to them even if they don't show it! They are probably afraid of the risk and perhaps how you might change. Most guys I know ,including my boys ,shut down with strong emotion, even though we have a very close relationship. Keep coming here when you are feeling blue to get your (((((((hugs)))))))). If you can get a book called Preparing For Surgery by Peggy Hudleston, it may be helpful. She helps people get ready for surgery by positive thoughts and affirmations. Luann ~I'm still a hot babe but now it comes in flashes~
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/04 10:30 pm - haverhill, MA
Good luck Willi! Those six days will fly by!
Willi R.
on 5/23/04 7:31 am - Erving, MA
Thanks, Luann, for the encouragement about the boys. We are very close and I just want them to be there for me. Maybe you are right and they are just pulling back from fear or whatever it is that overtakes young men at a time like this. Hard for me to handle right now though. I feel tender. I also just went off of all of my arthritis meds and I am hurting and tired. I really need some time off to recouperate from last week but I have to forge ahead and get things ready for my LOA at work. This too shall pass and I will have plenty of time to rest. Maybe the good house cleaning fairy will clean my house while I'm in the hospital. Who knows, miracles can happen. Willi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views