newton-wellesley surgeons/hospital?

susan S.
on 5/21/04 8:38 am - Boston, MA
hi folks, i've been thinking about wls for a few years now. thought i'd wait until someone in mass started doing duodenal switch but i don't want to wait anymore. i've been pretty much the same weight for 19 years (320, 5/8"). i'm 48 and in good health, other than borderline high bp. in reading the surgeon comments, it seems people are happy with newton-wellsley hospital? i'd love to hear from folks who've been thru the surgery there this year. and about your surgeon experience/recommendations? thank you so much! susan
Kim T.
on 5/22/04 1:12 am - Dracut, MA
Hi Susan! : ) I had my surgery thru Newton/Wellesley hospital, my surgeon was Dr Partridge.. i think she is fantastic and that office runs so smoothly! my first visit i saw nutritionist, psychologist, and surgeon... and got some lab work done. It was just so easy to get everything done in one visit. they have the schedule all ready for you, you just show up when your appointments are. Dr Thayer is also in that group and he came to see me in the hospital, was very impressed with him as well. I had my surgery 4/7/04 so far i've lost 32 pounds and i'm very happy with the way the office handles my questions/concerns.. if i call i generally get a call back within an hour!! Hope this helps and good luck to you!! if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask! ~Kim
Martha K.
on 5/22/04 1:46 pm - Cape Cod, MA
Susan, I had my surgery with Dr. Thayer at NWH on 8/18/03. I've lost over 120 pounds and feel great. I had actually started my WLS journey at a prominent Boston hospital and switched to NWH because I was very unhappy with the surgeon and lack of organized support system. NWH was great. They are run very efficiently and have a very comprehensive program. I'm very happy with the care I got there and think you will be too. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/04 1:33 am - haverhill, MA
Hey Martha! How are you stranger? Just noticed your message when I was cruising the boards.
Carolyn C.
on 5/23/04 8:38 am - Watertown, MA
Hi Susan I had my surgery with Dr. Partridge at NWH on 1/5/04 and my hubby had his on 2/12/04 with Dr. Gazmuri at NWH!! The hospital, the docs and their staff are all TOP NOTCH!! They saved our lives!! Please email with any concerns or questions! Good luck on your journey! Carolyn
Amy S.
on 5/27/04 5:00 am - Hillsboro, or
Hi Susan, I had lap RNY 10/22/03 with Dr Partridge at NWH. I really like their program and their office staff is wonderful. I was very impressed with both Dr Partridge and Dr Thayer (I've never met Dr Gazmuri) as well as their nutritionist and psych. That was the first time I've ever had to stay overnight in the hospital, so I've nothing to compare it to, but it was great to me! The nurses were responsive and got me what I needed, when I needed it. The surgical wing is pretty quiet and the surgical residents are awsome. In fact, I loved it so much that 3 weeks later I went back for 2 more nights thru the ER because I had some complications. Nothing too serious, so don't panic! I couldn't keep water/food/saliva down so I called Dr Thayer (who was on call that night) and he told me to get to the ER and he met me there, had me admitted for a couple days. I didn't have any stricture, it just closed up. So they watched me for a few days until I was keeping food down again for a while and let me go. Hm, i didn't tell you about that to scare you, but you should be aware of the complications you can have before surgery. Better to be well informed I suppose. Of course you can email me if you have any other questions about my experience or the program Amy Lap RNY 10/22/03 349/226/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views