Where is everyone???

hope4life
on 5/19/04 4:35 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Can you pre-op's post-op's and even lurkers please come out of hiding and join the boards. I know alot of people are busy but how about some updates or even...How is your day going?? It is pretty much a waiting game with me. My psych eval may end up being more of a pain in the butt than expected. My therapist isn't comfortable writing a letter of clearance for me so I may have to go to the psychiatrist that prescribed me on Zoloft. I don't want to see her. She is a tough person to connect with. Anyhoo, on Monday I see my pulmonologist so I will only be in work for only a 1/2 day then so I can do my breathing test and then see my pulmonologist after the test. Hopefully she will clear me for surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one, so if anyone out there will send some prayers that my psych consult and my breathing test will clear me....PLEASE..... That is basically it for me right now. I have been hanging in there. Now that the process has started, I have this calm over me now. I am not so on edge as I was previously. I don't want the surgery until the end of August or early September. I will qualify for my FMLA then and be paid for it. I sent a letter to the surgeons office asking if they don't mind being able to do that because of FMLA. I sent them a partial payment for the admin fee so they won't schedule the surgery until they get the other payment. They still haven't called back yet with any testing dates yet but I will give them till the 28th of this month. I just want all that stuff done so they can submit this to the insurance company. Because if I need to file an appeal, I will be able to do so. I babbled on long enough so I am going to hop off. Please, update us ladies and gents, even if it is just to say "Hi, I'm OK." Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon. (((((HUGS)))) Erin
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/04 5:00 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Erin, I have been busy with a new dog. We added a new doggie to our household on Sunday night. He is a 5 yr old beagle who is severely overweight. His family could not take care of him anymore and wanted to put him down! Can you imagine? I couldn't let someone put a dog down just because he is overweight!!! So he is here. My other dog....a border collie/aussie mix was not thrilled at first, but has adjusted nicely. So, I will be running a beagle rehab for the summer
sharons_ma
on 5/19/04 8:12 am - Boston, MA
That sounds like fun!! There are so many new weight management products for animals now. I'm sure your new addition will be slim and trim by the end of the summer. BTW - What's his name? (I'm imagining "FLASH" from Dukes of Hazzard... Have I aged myself? ) - Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/04 10:39 am - haverhill, MA
His name is Max. I hope you haven't aged yourself....I remember Flash!!
MADELYNN D.
on 5/19/04 5:22 am - NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA
Hi Erin, Go to the psych at Dr. Robinsons office. It is about 10 minutes and it is nothing. They just make sure you are able to sign you name so you don't hold them responsible if anything happens. I thought it was a waste of time. The Dr. asked me to count backwards from 100 in increments of 7, then she asked me who the current president is, who the one before that is, etc. Don't get freaked out! I was worried about the insurance company as well, but they didn't give me a problem. (Tufts) Talk to you soon Mad
sharons_ma
on 5/19/04 8:09 am - Boston, MA
Hi Erin! I wasn't hiding, I was trying to get all my ducks in a row. Unfortunatly they kept wandering off. I can't believe your doctor's sitting on the fence and you have to go see someone else. How disappointing for you. I hope you are able to connect and get in on her schedule ASAP. I have my Psych exam at BWH on Monday. I'm afraid they won't sign off on me... basically because it's the last hurdle before Insurance signoff. Otherwise, I'm currently in the process of detoxing my apartment... out with the process sugar, starches, all carbs. I'm going to be stocking my shelves with four weeks of carnation instant breakfast, Chrystal Lite and Phase II foods. Yes, I'm being eternally hopeful! Well, I'll make a better effort to post more frequently. - Sharon
Luann S.
on 5/19/04 10:17 am - Randolph, MA
Hi Erin, I wouldn't worry about being on the Zoloft. Anyone who otherwise qualifies for this surgery is bound to have depression issues. Heck, messing around with my Zoloft dose by a very weird psychiatrist probably helped get me to this state! I think what they really want to know is that you don't suffer from any severe psychiatric disease: schizophrenia, untreated bipolar disorder, things that can impact the validity of consent for surgery or which can prevent you from following through on the post-op course. I'm curious, how long have you all been told the wait will be? I was told it is approximately 9 months from first visit to surgery, but my testing will be complete by end of June and I don't think my insurance will take more than several days to approve. I would love to have this done by the end of the summer! In the mean time I am trying to work on good habits that will be necessary after surgery. Eating slowly, not taking fluids with meals but in between, TRYING to be more present when I do eat, you know all the things that could have worked to get this weight off if I did them consistently! Hang in there Erin! Luann
cinnponce
on 5/19/04 11:15 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Erin, I'm sure everything will be fine. I had my first pysch visit today and it was encouraging. I could not get my second visit until July though. She didn't see a problem. I think if you are coping with life okay, you won't have a problem, even with Zoloft. I've got my Behavior Support Groups to keep me busy until then. I'm looking forward to going through the process and getting a date. I can't wait to start my life as a thin person. Hang in there Sue
hope4life
on 5/19/04 9:57 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Oh Kimberly, I bet Max is eternally grateful. It would be like my hubby putting me to sleep because I was fat. Poor little Max but you are truly his angel. It was meant to be. I remember Flash too. LOL But the good news is.....I GOT A SURGERY DATE SCHEDULED!!! I have to have it changed to September because of FMLA. I thought that August 25th would be enough time but when I talked to the FMLA people, it would really be cutting it close. So I have to change it to 1st week in September, IF he has the day free. He does his surgeries on Wed & Thurs. so hopefully I can have it on Sept. 1st or 2cd. My son starts Kindergarten on the 13th and if I have surgery on the 8th or 9th then I will miss his 1st day of Kindergarten. Stoopid FMLA. I think the 1st or 2cd should be OK. I am going to give my therapist a call again today to see what she can do. But to count backwards from 100 by 7's???? I could do 5's but 7's???? I would take forever. I am not good with numbers. I know I am soooo stoopid. I wouldn't pass if they counted that. Oh Lordy. My therapist isn't comfortable with just writing a clearance letter (I even gave her a sample letter at that) she has to check with my former psychiatrist who had me on Zoloft. (I don't take it anymore by my own choice....antidepressants made me feel worse than I was) She was very very hard to talk to. She (psychiatrist) tested me for bi-polar which I don't have thank God. But the surgeons office needs the letter by June 9th which is the day I go in for my gallbladder u/s and I have the nutritionist appointment. I am looking forward to talking with the nutritionist. I am terrified of doing something wrong post-op. I really am. But that is the scoop. Thanks everyone for posting. I think about you all and was just curious as to how everyone was doing/feeling. Erin
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/04 11:07 pm - haverhill, MA
My family is already in love with this dog. He is making progress. He actually pulled my daughter when we went walking last night....very different from just a day or two ago when we had to pull him! We had to carry him upstairs at night....yesterday he climbed the whole flight by himself! Hasn't done it again...but hey...it is progress for Max! Congrats on the surgery date. For insurance purposes...you definitely want a regular Psyc doc to do the eval. You do not want something small getting in the way of an approval. Robinson's office is really good at handling the insurance company. If you do what you are told to do by them.....you should have no problem. I had Tufts too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views