I have a date & need an angel!!

Donna D.
on 5/17/04 6:18 am - Randolph, MA
I just got my date today. It's June 22 at 3pm at the BIDMC. I met the surgeon, Dr. Mun, last Thursday & I had to talk to my boss to see when it was OK to take time off since vacations start then. It's going to be a lap RNY even though my weight is very high because I am pear shaped. The will switch to open if they have to. Hope they don't I now have to loose some weight before the procedure, he was not happy that I had gained a few pounds from when I started this process. I'm not looking forward to that. It's good to share this with you all. Donna
Luann S.
on 5/17/04 8:28 am - Randolph, MA
Congrats Donna! Wow that seems like short notice! Is it typical to only find out a month before? I don't know where you work, but remember this is a medically necessary surgery, not cosmetic surgery and by law they have to let you take up to 12 weeks family medical leave if necessary. I know how it is to take vacation time as a nurse-you probably had to request time off in March! Good luck! Is the person who is your angel supposed to be post-op? If not, I would be glad to be yours since we live near each other! Luann
Donna D.
on 5/18/04 6:50 am - Randolph, MA
My boss was very cool with me having the surgery sooner than later. I will be out the same time as the other person in our office is on vacation before & over the July 4th holiday. I'm not on the floors any more, I work in the office of Quality & Patient Safety but my boss is brand new & she will be alone for the 10 days or so there is an overlap. But she said no problem. I think that there has been a slow down of people going for the procedure because of the negative media attention so the waiting list is short. I'm very glad, although I am nervous because of my recent post-op history, but I want to get on the loosing side! Luann, that would be great if you could be my angel. Donna
hope4life
on 5/17/04 9:35 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Congratulations Donna! Woo Hoo!! That is awesome news. I agree with Luann. Just imagine how healthy you are going to be sooooo soon. I am so excited for you. Luann, I don't think an angel has to be post-op. The purpose of the angel (I think)is to post here with your angelettes progress of surgery and to offer your angel support. So I don't think it matters if you are pre-op or post-op. Good Luck ladies! Erin
Donna D.
on 5/19/04 1:35 am - Randolph, MA
Just a little change in plans. My date got changed to June 25th. I was supposed to be an afternoon case but it may run too long so they bumped me to first thing on June 25, A little disappointed but it'll come sooner or later. Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. I know I will be happy & healthier. It takes such effort to walk & move around. I'm sick of it. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views