2 weeks and counting

Karen B.
on 5/10/04 11:32 pm - Vineyard Haven, MA
I can't believe I'll be having surgery 2 weeks from now. I'm getting quite nervous about the whole thing. My husband and kids are worried. They support me, but I know that they wish I'd change my mind. I'm sure I'm making the right decision, but I worry about complications. I'm 3 hours away from Boston (Tufts), so if anything goes wrong it will take me awhile to get back there. I'm worried about going home too...will I jiggle something loose on the ride home? None of my worries will change my mind about the surgery, but I can't wait until I'm 3 months down the road. Karen
hope4life
on 5/11/04 12:45 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Karen! All your fears are so normal. Even your family's reaction. It is great that you do have a support system in them. I was surprised when my husband was excited for me when I told him that I qualified for surgery. My mom was hesitant but totally supportive and will help me out. I still think about the what if's and let me tell you I am the biggest what iffer....LOL. Any surgery is a risk. Think about the heart attack you could have if you don't. Or hypertension and all the other serious medical problems you could have or will get if you don't. Think about your quality of life you will be having. Its a reality. You will be a newer healthier YOU!! All the things you have always wanted to do but couldn't because of the weight. IMO, that is what I do when I get those bad what if's. You know your health will improve and that is the best positive way to look at it. It is a given. A what if is just that....what if. It is easier said than done when I tell people to relax. I will have to tell myself to relax as my surgery date approaches. Good Luck to you Karen. You'll be just fine. (((HUGS))) and More Positive Vibes being *transmitted* your way....LOL. Erin
Karen B.
on 5/11/04 3:10 am - Vineyard Haven, MA
Thanks Erin for the words of encouragement. Sometimes I just get carried away with the "what if's." Glad to know that I'm not alone. I hope all of your tests go smoothly. You have a busy time ahead of you. I didn't have to have the sleep apnea or the GI done, so I can't help you with any details of the procedures. I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep posting. Karen
hope4life
on 5/11/04 4:30 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hey, anytime. That is what we are here for. You can lean on my cyber shoulder anytime... Erin
MADELYNN D.
on 5/11/04 5:01 am - NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA
Hi Karen, I live about 1 hour from B&W (where I had my surgery) and it was a horrible ride to and from the hospital. Make sure you bring a pillow with you for the ride home to soften the bumps in the rode. Your stomach muscles will be very sore afterwards and make sure you take plenty of pain medication before you make your journey home. I remember crying everytime I got off the highway b/c I was in so much pain. Boston has too many pot holes and I never realized it until after. I made many trips back and forth after my surgery b/c I had complications, but don't worry about complications and the trip back to the hospital. Get through the surgery first. If you have any other questions let me know! Good Luck. It will be here before you know it!
Knotty D.
on 5/12/04 6:09 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi Karen. I had my surgery 4 weeks ago, and once it's done you won't even think back about all the worries. My trip home from the hospital was painless, but I don't remember anything about it, as I asked for Percocet for the road...LOL I don't think you will jiggle anything loose, but you should be careful lifting heavy things, as in, don't do it. I have had some foods that have made me wretch and vomit, and I was afraid I had popped the sutures in my stomach, but that didn't happen. Good Luck. Joe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views