Help!

Brendielee
on 5/5/04 8:43 pm - Groton, MA
Ok here's the story. I'm about 1 week post op. First few days were AWESOME no pain - nothing. Then I started feeling all the signs of dehydration so yesterday I really tried to pump my water and protein shakes. For dinner I had an 8 oz broth and I made sure I finished it and kept on my water. All of a sudden I had pain. It felt like I was back in the hospital. I went right to bed. In the middle of the night I had some water and again pain going down. This morning no pain taking the water but boy did I want to throw up and almost did. Did I do something to my pouch????? I kind of feel like I have something stuck in my throat when I swallow?
Knotty D.
on 5/5/04 9:12 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hi Brenda. Did you drink the entire 8 ounces of broth at once? That may be too much all at once. I would call your surgeon and/or dietician and ask them for guidance.
Brendielee
on 5/5/04 9:33 pm - Groton, MA
No I really tried to space it out. I will call my surgeon today though. I've had some more water and no naseau which is great!
DJJCHARRIS
on 5/6/04 6:30 am - Winchendon, MA
I hope everything works out for you. It could just be your body is waking up to all the trauma. Just check with your surgeon to stay on the safe side. Best wishes. Dawn -69
mysticalflwr
on 5/6/04 1:13 pm - MA
Hi Brenda, Some people after surgery have a hard time with straigh****er. Try mixing it with crystal light or SF koolaid. I know with me it upsets my stomach(straigh****er), but I would definitly put a call in to your Dr.'s office. Goodluck. Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views