i really need to vent.

CATHYSDAN
on 5/5/04 5:15 am - three rivers, MA
i am so depressed. i haven't worked in a year and have filed for disability and am still waiting to see if i can get it. i had also applied for masshealth in january. i found out (after numerous calls) monday that i am only entitled to masshealth essential. from what i am told only covers the bare essentials! hence the name. oh yeah, it's only good till september! my husband is older and on disability, and if you go by what you can have for monies and be on mh we wouldn't qualify on his alone. not that that would pay the rent and utilities and food and necessaries. i am lucky that he is a vet and can go to the v.a. for medical. we also just settled his parents estate and after fees and dividing amoung three sisters he got a small amt that we had always wanted to use for a down payment on a house, something that we had always dreamed of. i am so angry that i have worked 35 years and paid into the system and can't get help when i need it. i don't want to be on disability for the rest of my life. if i had the surgery and got my life back i could go back to work. but at the rate things are going now i wont have to worry about it. my depression is over taking more and more every day. there are several other issues but it all comes down to the weight. i keep telling my husband to take his few bucks and buy himself a little place some where and live his life. i feel so bad about what i am doing to him. he is such a wonderful man. there is nothing anyone can do but i thank you all for letting me vent.
Knotty D.
on 5/5/04 8:02 am - Marlborough, MA
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I can recommend a way to get prescription coverage for you. I am not sure if you would qualify or not, but it's worth a try. Phone is 1-800-age-info, then press 1. That is Prescription Advantage, a state program, from all the tobacco money the state got. It is set up for seniors and those on disability, as it is designed as a safety net so you don't go without meds. I hope this helps you, and good luck. Joe
Patty S.
on 5/6/04 1:50 am - Haverhill, MA
Cathy, Have you expressed to any and all doctors (including the one who is stating that you disabled) that this surgery will remove you from the disability ranks and cause you to become a person in the human race. not only will you feel better, but you will able to function again. Remember obesity is a disease and much to the chagrin of those who have never suffered from it, we did not choose it. Good luck, Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views