Lahey Clinic

marcia K.
on 5/3/04 11:42 pm - billerica, MA
Has anyone had WLS at Lahey Clinic? If so, how long was the process once your name was put on the list? Also, what was your experience with them? thank you Marcia
hope4life
on 5/4/04 10:28 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
I am going with Brigham & Women's but I just wanted to wish you luck with your research and your WLS journey. Erin
Lisa G.
on 5/6/04 12:52 am - Waltham, MA
Me! Me! Me! And I LOVE them!!! Now I'm not entirely sure what answer you're looking for. I don't know what the wait list now for the initial consultation. I lucked out and got a cancellation appointment, so I didn't have to wait too long for the first appointment. I was seen on November 6th. You meet with everyone - the NP, the nutritionist, the surgeon, and the psychologist. They set goals for you that you need to meet pre-op before they'll send you on for scheduling. I had my re-evaluation on January 30th, and I'd met all my goals and then some, so they put me into the scheduling stage. I got a call mid-February with a surgery date of March 10th. So for me, it was four months from consult to surgery. I'm now 8 weeks post op, I've had no complications, and I feel fantastic. I cannot recommend Lahey highly enough. They are truly wonderful over there -- and I chose them after ruling out Newton-Wellesley, MGH, and Brigham & Women's. It's the best decision I've ever made. Peace, Lisa
Lisajeanne B.
on 5/7/04 6:30 am - MA
I was wondering...how Did you rule out those other places? I am starting my search for a doctor/treatment center. I have never had any kind of surgery before and I'm not sure how to go through the process of pciking the right doctor for the job. Lisajeanne
Lisa G.
on 5/10/04 3:40 am - Waltham, MA
My reasons for not going with other programs are subjective and personal; just as many people have chosen the programs I disregarded. MGH: It was simply too long of a wait and I wasn't happy with their customer service. NWH: There was a $400 or $500 out of pocket program fee that I simply couldn't afford. They also wouldn't answer any of my questions until I completed and sent back a lengthy questionnaire. B&W: I absolutely could not stand the people in Dr. Robinson's office. They screwed up my appointments THREE times -- including the day I took off from work to trek in to the medical area for an appointment THEY scheduled but had no record of. I wasn't seen that day, and I was livid - and I gave them a real piece of my mind when they called me two weeks later to 'follow up on my consultation'. Then they realized they'd been confusing me with another patient. Yeah, right - here, have a scalpel and rearrange my insides! Everything with Lahey has been smooth as silk. I am SO happy with my choice. Today is two months for me, and I'll be at the support group meeting there tonight, singing their praises some more!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views