Anyone have this symptom??

Susan D.
on 4/29/04 10:47 pm - Fall River, MA
Hi everyone, I am 22 days post op and am down - 26 lbs. Trying to get about more but I get tired quickly. I haven't had any nausea or vomiting which is great. I am dealing with some constipation and find that when I start eating, after swallowing the first bite that air from my stomache starts to come up my esophagus like little burps...has anyone else experienced this? Let me know Maybe I am still eating too fast....not sure. I am on stage 4 diet and slowly starting to incorporate a few things. I had mashed potatoes last night and they tasted awesome even though I barely had a tablespoon because I was afraid to eat too much. Any suggestions for stage 4 I would appreciate...the diet is getting to me. thanks, Sue
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/30/04 5:11 am - Winchendon, MA
Congrats on your surgery and lose. You are still healing and that is why you get tired. Make sure you get all the rest you can. I seemed to perk up pretty good around week 6. Yes constipation and burping is normal. MOM or stool stofteners work. Also you should take smaller bites and eat slowly. Stage 4 I am not familiar with. Soft foods? Cottage cheese, yogurt, very wet/pureed meats, refried beans. Good luck and best wishes. Dawn -64
Laurel04
on 4/30/04 7:12 am - MA
Hi Sue, Sounds like you and I are right about at the same point with time and weight loss and I also am on stage 4. I've have no nausea or vomiting, and have just started experiencing the little bubbles also. I honestly think it is eating too fast, and since the food is so soft, it just goes right through. I could be wrong, but that's what it feels like. I think I need to start eating more often so as not to get so hungry. Then again, this could just be another normal part in the process
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/04 11:25 pm - haverhill, MA
Those events sound like the result of eating a bit too quickly. I am 2 yrs post op and I still get that sometimes. Don't forget that your new system is adjusting to this experience of food....by the way....just a thought....if you choose mashed potatoes....try putting a little cheese....powdered milk....or something similiar in them.....the potatoes have no protein. Good luck
Kelly D.
on 5/3/04 3:13 am - Boston, MA
I also had the same symptoms... You must remember to eat slowly, take small bites...and the most important thing is to eat SLOW!!!!! I have also changed my spoon and fork..I use the child size..Even when I got out to dinner I take them with me...I have an extra set in my handbag.. Good Luck!
Knotty D.
on 5/4/04 10:01 am - Marlborough, MA
I am also on the stage 4 diet and have only had one vomiting episode, with shrimp and garlic, and the shrimp was cooked too well and was too dry. I stupidly didn't moisten it and I paid the price. A suggestion for stage 4 that I really enjoy is a 2 ounce pork chop, cooked in a frying pan with cream of mushroom soup. When cooking, the soup thickens to a gravy-like consistency, and there are many grams of protein in pork. Hope this helps you. Remember to chew food really good, and give your saliva time to moisten it up before swallowing, and I use a guideline of 10 minutes per ounce of pork when I eat. Another thing that may be good is a scrambled egg with melted cheese on top. Yum. Hope this helps, and good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views