I have my date for surgery !!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 1:02 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi everyone, just stopping by to say hello to all pre-op and all the posties... My surgery is set for June 1st.. Hooooray !! I can't wait to be on the losing side of my new life. It has been sooooo long since I have been comfortale with myself that the surgery almost seems unattainable, but I know it is and I will be so much healthier. That is my biggest reason for going forward with WLS...Thanks for all the support I have been receiving, all the experiences you all have been having is a huge help in my making this decision to change my life... Many thanks to Nancy for all your invaluable help..Hugs and more hugs !! That's all folks for now, bye, bye...
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/28/04 5:17 am - Winchendon, MA
Congrats You have a wonderful summer to look forward to. Best wishes. Dawn -64
DramaQueenJessica
on 4/28/04 9:09 am - Wayland, MA
Congrats JOanne!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 2:08 pm - Middleboro, MA
Hi Jessica, so you are still waiting for your exciting day to come ,too !! Where are you going for your surgery ?? Isn't it just great to think that someday we will be like all the other people who have never had our problem, they will never know how tough our lives have been.. Just trying to find a restaurant booth we can fit into, that's a challenge .. Getting late, not usually up this time of night, but e-mail anytime.. just counting the days !! Joanne
DramaQueenJessica
on 4/28/04 10:02 pm - Wayland, MA
I got my new date.. June 21st!!! Im having surgery at Morton H in Taunton. I wi**** was at a bigger hospital but my surgeon is WONDERFUL. I cant wait til the day that I can RUN with my boys. Im dreading Mother's Day because of the booth situation. We're going to Bob The Chef's ( a soul food place in Boston) hope they have tables with chairs. :::here comes a mini-rant::: The messed up thing about it, is Im a light weight. Im 250. I couldnt imagine being any bigger and having to go out.. I wouldnt. You can email me too, anytime. =)
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 10:45 pm - Middleboro, MA
Hi Jessica, I wish you well with your surgery !! Ya know, it really doesn't matter how big you get, you still go out to eat.. Trust me !! I'm 5'4" and I'm 271 at the moment, I've lost 21 lbs. preparing for surgery.. The best thing you can do for yourself is to lose some wt, even if it's only 10 lbs. It makes the surgery go better for the Dr. They say it helps to reduce the size of your liver and sugar is good to avoid also, for the same reason... Not sure what your Dr. has told you, but follow his directions, certainly, these are just some of the criteria that I'm required to do by my Dr. in Boston.. What kind of proceedure are you having ?? That is the hardest part for me, choosing a proceedure that is best for me.. My BMI is over 45, so, I chose the Lap-Roux-en-Y.. The Lap-Band was also an option,but your BMI should be 45 or less for optimum success... Anyway, I've rambled on much too long... I'm sure you have done the right thing,and Having a great Dr. is half the battle... It's a nice sunny day, so enjoy !! Talk to ya later.. Joanne
DramaQueenJessica
on 4/28/04 10:50 pm - Wayland, MA
My surgeon wants me to lose 25lbs before surgery. Im low carbing right now.. its sooo hard because Im NOT a meat person. Id rather eat veggies and fruits, but I know this is a sure way to get this weight off. Im having open RNY, Dr. Bodner just started training in Lap and wont be doing them until fall, but i dont want to be his firt guinea pig.. lol. He's been doing this surgery for I believe 7 years, so he's experienced. I cant wait to get outside and go for a walk. It is gonna be a beautiful day!! Have a nice day.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 11:16 pm - Middleboro, MA
Hi Jessica, 25lbs... You can do it !! If I can , then you can !! Keep up the good work, you'll be on the losing side in no time... Life is so wonderful , I think a group of people such as us, have a real understanding for that... Take care, Joanne
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 1:48 pm - Middleboro, MA
Hi Dawn, boy ,you better believe it. ..This is going to be one of my happiest and greatest summer's of all.. I've lost 21 lbs. in prep. for my surgery, I'd like to lose more before then, but I'm content with myself at the moment..At least I'm losing, kinda slowly,but better than gaining !! Right ?? You have done fabulous losing your excess wt. I do hope it isn't too much of a struggle. I know without the surgery to look forward to the wt. I've lost would be back. It always does !! That I can count on !! take care and congrats.. on your new journey !! Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views