Still here

Jadeloose
on 4/26/04 10:56 pm - revere, MA
Hi everyone, I havent posted in a few weeks, my father is terminally ill and in the last stage of liver disease, it has been a very difficult time around here. Anyway I still have not heard from Dr Ameri's office, they told me they hoped to be making callin's during april vacation. They were on #52 and i was #97 or something close to that. So basicaly i still dont even have an initial consult and starting to get a little frustrated. Im concidering getting an initial with another Dr. I was just hoping to be more local so that I could avoid the Boston nitemare. Guess i need to just figure it out. I see some updates here. Erin, so sorry Dr Hess was not feeling like concidering at least sending it in, but its most likely better that you have a surgeon who will write the request up believing you need the surgery and who will submit it to your insurance that way. Otherwise you would get a denial and not have the option to see another Dr and have it resubmitted right away. {I think} Hope everyone is doing well, ill write when i have at least an appointment to see someone. Kristen
Kim T.
on 4/26/04 11:02 pm - Dracut, MA
I found that Newton/Wellesley hospital Dr. Partride and associates are pretty quick.. I called initially in January 04, had 1st consultation soon after and my surgery was April 7th, 04. 4 months is pretty quick it seems compared to others.. Lots of luck!! ~Kim
Lisa D.
on 4/27/04 2:50 am - Stoneham, MA
Dr Randall in Medford is the best. Had my consultation a week after the first call 11/26/04 and surgery was 2/11/04. I think the holidays made it longer. He is the absolute best and I couldnt be happier. Open RNY 2/11/04 down 101 lbs
hope4life
on 4/27/04 3:10 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Kristen, I am so sorry to hear about your fathers illness. I am seeing Dr. Robinson from Brigham & Women's Hospital on May 10th. I prefer B&W's anyways. I think it will work out differently this time. Dr. Robinson also has an excellent reputation. Good Luck with the Dr. hunt. But IMO, I would look for another surgeon where you won't have to wait so long. (((HUGS))) I am so sorry that your father is so ill. Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views