oh what should I do

Nancy I.
on 4/26/04 10:27 pm - worcester, MA
ok this may be long and difficult but i need some advice i am currently scheduled for open surgery on august 18, i am also going to vacation to spain just before that i would be getting home 4 days before i have am option to have my surgery the first week of june will I be well enough to travel to spain in august if I have it done then. I so want to get this done like yesterday but the trip is a gift to my daughter who is graduating from college please help what to do what to do. thanks Nancy
Kim T.
on 4/26/04 10:59 pm - Dracut, MA
wow Nancy that IS a tough decision.. I can give a million reasons why it's ok to have in June and just as many as why you should wait till August.. I guess my only concern would be that by August you'd be recovered nicely... just that if by some WEIRD freak of nature chance something happened you'd be awful far from your doctors... and 2 months out your new diet will still be new and eating some foods may make you not feel well.. on the other hand you have the potential of losing 30 or 40 lbs before your vacation, which can be fun too... geez, it is a tough decision. lots of luck either way you decide!!! ~Kim
mbslife
on 4/26/04 11:35 pm - Ashburnham, MA
Nancy, My biggest concern would be your incision. I had my surgery Laproscopic, and if that were the case, I'd say go for it. I was up and around the weekend after my surgery on Monday. It took me just a few weeks to be back at 100%. My friends who have had open have had an assortment of healing times with their incisions. You really can't know what that would hold for you. If you don't want to take the chance of disappointing your daughter I would take the trip THEN have surgery. What a nice way to welcome your new life (and pass the waiting time!!) As long as the hospital can accomodate your pre-op stuff before, I'd wait. JMO ... you have to do what feels right for you! Hugs Maribeth
hope4life
on 4/27/04 3:14 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
What does your surgeon suggest? My opinion would be (and I'm the biggest what iffer around..LOL) what if something went wrong with the incision or you don't tolerate their water and it makes you sick? You don't want to spend your whole trip feeling miserable. But I think you should discuss that with the surgeon. Good Luck and please let us know what you decided to do. Erin
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/27/04 6:53 am - Winchendon, MA
Do you feel comfortable with going on vacation and being able to handle your new diet? You may feel well at the time but the diet may be the tough part. I would really consider maybe waiting until until August. Dawn -63
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 11:44 pm - Middleboro, MA
Hi Nancy, August isn't so far away... Just think how much thinner you will be by the holiday season !! Enjoy your trip with your daughter, we don't often get chances like that, either.. Have a good day .. Joanne
Kelly D.
on 5/3/04 3:16 am - Boston, MA
Good to Spain and have fun!!!!!!!!! I would make sure that I had all my Pre-Op testing done before I left. Just to make sure that everything is all set for when you come back...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views