Need a new Dr. ASAP...

Susan D.
on 4/23/04 9:48 pm - Fall River, MA
Hi All, I had my surgery on 4/8 to make a long story short I had complications due to surgeon error. I finally came out of the hospital on the 19th. I feel good and have no problem with stage 3 diet and am slowly going to start stage 4. I am down -18.5 lbs. Problem is I need to find a new doctor to follow up with since the surgery. I can't go back to my original surgeon ( not after what he did). I would rather not go into details about him because I am not that type of person. I live in Fall River and would like to get a Dr. that is relatively close to where I live, Can anyone recommend someone??? I would really appreciate it. It feels like I have no where to turn right now and I feel lost but I know that I need to be seen to make sure all is ok. Please help....
DramaQueenJessica
on 4/24/04 1:36 am - Wayland, MA
Dr. Bodner in Taunton isnt that far from Fall River. Im in New Bedford and travel to him once a month.. about 30 minutes from here. He's wonderful.
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/04 1:54 am - haverhill, MA
Sorry to hear abut your difficulties. I do not have a doc suggestion since I do not live in your area. My surgeon is in Boston. I live in Haverhill...so I do travel to see my surgeon....worth every mile I travel. Good luck and I am glad to hear that you are ok now!
p3santos
on 4/24/04 2:05 am - Fall River, MA
Susan - I am so glad to hear from you and I am so sorry to hear that you've had problems - Ive been waiting to hear how you made out. I have seen Dr. Bodner in Taunton and he was very helpful and understanding. There are also some doctors in Providence - try checking the RI website - what about your primary? can't they help? I live in Fall River as well and if there is anything I can do to help, e-mail me. Good Luck and I will keep praying for you! Pat
Susan D.
on 4/24/04 9:10 am - Fall River, MA
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It looks like Dr. Bodner would be the next closest. It's just that I am not driving yet and would have difficulty getting to Boston to see anyone there. I just wanted to get some good feedback on Dr. Bodner and am glad that there are some positive comments on him. Thanks all and I am also going to follow up with my primary care physician. I am not sharing the experience with the physician because I don't know if there are legal implications if I start blabbing. I will get legal advice and if they say that I can share my story then I will.
hope4life
on 4/25/04 9:19 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
First, I am so sorry for all of the problems you are having. I would recommend Dr. Bodner in Taunton. I haven't seen him yet but I think that would be closest to you. Wishing you the best of luck but please let us know how things go with you. Erin
Helen F.
on 4/27/04 7:39 am - Quincy, MA
You can use the lookup functions on this website, too, to find someone - good luck..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views