I am actually laughing right now w/tears........

hope4life
on 4/23/04 12:02 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Jason you crack me up!!! The funny thing is, is that I just got off the phone with Dr. Bodners office and I have a 1st initial consult with Dr. Bodner on May 18th. Taunton is alot closer to where I live and I have heard good things about him. Then I read your post. I am nervous about Morton Hospital. I had a very bad experience there and I told my DH that even if my head was hanging on my shoulders and 1/2 dead DO NOT send me to that hospital. I told him to send me somewhere else......He will definately think my screws are loose now but that shows how desparate I am to get healthy. Who would have thought that I have to fight to be healthy?? LOL. I am also waiting to hear from Dr. Robinson's office too. I want a back up plan just in case. Anyhoo, thank you all so much for your support. It is amazing how depression can cloud your thinking and your judgements. You guys and gals RAWK!!!! I have the best support in the world here and I AM BACK!!!!! Thanks again everyone!! Erin
MADELYNN D.
on 4/23/04 12:39 am - NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA
Keep your head up Erin. Hopefully things will go your way. I had Dr. Robinson, he isn't the most friendly guy but he is a good doctor. I haven't heard positive things about Morton Hospital, but the surgery is a risk anyway. I hope Dr. Robinson will accept you. They hired 2 new surgeons at Brigham and Womans so if you can't get in with Dr. Robinson ask about the other doctors. Let me know how it goes!
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/04 12:14 pm - haverhill, MA
I agree about Dr Robinson....not the most personable....but a very competent surgeon. The PA's in the office are the friendly, hand-holding types (especially Gina....she is wonderful). If you want someone to hold your hand....bring your mother....if you want to be cared for by a competent, careful surgeon....go to Dr Robinson.
hope4life
on 4/23/04 12:55 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Oh my, everybody must be reading my mind right now. I just received a call from Dr. Robinson's office. I am attending a InfoSession on Tuesday April 27th (my stillborns 3rd Heavenly Birthday....maybe this is a better sign) at Brigham & Women's from 6-8PM. I am looking forward to it. Then on May 10th at 10AM I will see Dr. Robinson or someone there. I feel like I am hogging all the appts but I guess I am just CMA. (Covering My A**) If things don't go well with Dr. Robinson then I can still have my appt with Dr. Bodner. I feel like a doctor chaser but I am desparate. I would prefer to go to B&W's. That hospital has an excellent reputation. Thanks for the suggestion. Erin
Jason B.
on 4/23/04 1:26 am
I'm only going to Morton because I thouht I would get a quicker date. I haven't heard anything nice about them. I had 2 day surgeries tonsils and knee there and I thought the nurses in the recovery area were super. I was shocked. Now I don't know about staying there for 6 days but whatever. As long as they help me when needed then that is all I ask.
hope4life
on 4/23/04 4:19 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Jason, That is what my fear is too. Like if I have to get up, I want someone to be there or if I am in pain, medicate me.....LOL......I hear where you are coming from. My major nightmare is calling for a nurse and no one shows.....That would be just MY luck. You'll have to tell me all about it. Erin
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/04 4:22 am - haverhill, MA
Dr. Robinson was my surgeon. I had a very good experience with him, the staff, nutritionist and care at the hospital. I cannot say enough good things about them.
Jason B.
on 4/23/04 5:28 am
Erin, if nobody comes to help you, just scream until you get someones attention! I doubt that will happen though. Keep us posted as to what your outcome is.
Kriola
on 4/23/04 9:36 am - On the water, MA
Dr. Bodner is fabulous, I had great care at Morton despite what others told me. The ICU was first rate...they were on me all the time. Dr. B. has alot of experience, his profile here just has not been updated. Do what is right for you of course. If anyone is interested, our support group meeting is next Tuesday at 6pm in the cafeteria annex. All are welcome, come hear our stories. MaryLyn
DramaQueenJessica
on 4/24/04 1:35 am - Wayland, MA
That sounds like a great topic of discussion too.. =) Ill be there.. with bells on!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views