I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!

hope4life
on 4/22/04 10:45 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
No! I am not going to let Dr. Hess get me down. He wants me to see Dr. Apovian (sp???) Has anyone who had Dr. Hess deal with her before or know what she does???? He might have told me why I need to see her but I when he said that he does NOT recommend surgery, I just shut down. My ears stopped working. I think I stopped breathing for a moment. I was just staring at him. He then told me to call this Dr. Apovian. Well, I think I am just going to find another surgeon who will do it. I have at least 3 or 4 co-morbids (just not life threatening) and I know that if you have a BMI of 30-39 (something like that) with co-morbids, my insurance which is Tufts will approve of the surgery. Well, I had those. He even said I did. But they were not life threatening. WTF?????? The frustrating thing is, if he thinks that I can do "another diet", it won't work. I tried believe me!! I have tried!! I tried everything. I will lose only to put back and then some. Why can they not understand this?? So I am back in the saddle again. Anyone here have any surgeons they would like to recommend to me again? Maybe a NEMC doctor or Brigham & Women's????? I need help and I hope you can come through again for me. Thanks so much everyone for letting me explode and vent. I apologize for my outburst but I have never felt so LOW in my entire life. All my life is nothing but rejection. How much more can one take?? Anyways, I am feeling a little bit better. I am hanging in there but barely. This isn't for the best and its not God's will that this happen to me. Maybe it is a sign not to use this physician. Thank you so much everyone for listening when I needed you! Love you guys!! Erin
Jason B.
on 4/22/04 11:45 pm
You go girl!!! Check around make an appointment with Dr Bodner in Taunton. I'm sure he won't turn you away. When I was at his office there was all kinds of people different shapes and sizes having the surgery done. I couldn't believe the number of people that were there. I thought I would have been the only 1 there but I was surprised.
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/04 7:28 am - South of Boston, MA
Hey Erin- I just emailed you, but I figured I'd add to the board too. Please contact NEMC @ 1-617-636-0158 and get the paperwork to apply for the Obesity Consult Center. Also, see www.obesityconsult.org I had surgery on 4/5, with Dr. Tarnoff, www.smallscars.com All is well now, and I don't regret a thing. My husband goes in two weeks for his Lap RNY as well! We're "neighbors"- please email me!
Liz F.
on 4/24/04 8:41 am - West Quincy, MA
Erin, I have been seeing Dr. Apovian for the last 6 months - she is a dietician/nutritionist at Boston Medical, and she is awesome! Just wanted you to know... and don't give up no matter what you decide to do! Liz F. West Quincy, MA. Pre-Op
Kim T.
on 4/26/04 1:39 pm - Dracut, MA
Hi Erin.. i went to Newton/Wellesley hospital with Dr. Partridge so i can't give you advice on the doctors at the hospitals you listed, but i can give you a little hint, when filling out the paperwork this often helps: any related conditions could be: Chronic knee/back/hip pain (we ALL have this when overweight) intermittent high blood pressure (i'm sure some dr appts have shown your blood pressure to be high, ie: gyno appt??) intermittent means sometimes.. so sometimes you DO have it.. also family history of Diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, heart conditions related to obesity... I added all of that to my list, i mean my bmi is higher than yours, but adding those things helps with insurance, and it's not lying.... really... lol hope this helps a little!!!
Kelly D.
on 4/27/04 3:54 am - Boston, MA
Erin don't give up..My BMI was 38, I had the surgery and I don't regret it one bit....I refuse to let anyone say NO to me!!!!!! My doctor was WONDERFUL.. Please call his office Dr. Seldon Randall at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford, MA... Keep your spirits up!!! Good Luck!
hope4life
on 4/27/04 5:09 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Kelly, You have a BMI of 38 but then what are your co-morbids? I have a 38.5 BMI w/ at least 3-4 co-morbids. He wouldn't qualify me because I don't have any life threatening co-morbids. But I won't give up. I have a back up plan. I am actually going to a required Info Session at Brigham & Women's tonight at 6. But hey, I will keep this in mind because like I said above: I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!! I WANT THIS AND I WILL FIGHT FOR MY HEALTH. Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views