I got the big denial today.....

hope4life
on 4/22/04 2:39 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi everyone! I wanted to post today because it will be the last time I post here again. Dr. Hess said that I don't qualify for WLS. I am 38.5 BMI and I do have a bunch of co-morbids BUT I don't qualify because I don't have a life threatening co-morbid. I am really depressed and angry and upset so I am going to buy myself a HUGE ICE CREAM SUNDAE and probably get drunk later and drown my sorrows. I can't believe that this is happening to me. I surely thought that I would have been OK. I am obese he said. He was quick to point that out to me. So Erin here will be stuck being in FATLAND forever. I wish you all the best of luck in your wonderful WLS journeys and my prayers and heartfelt best wishes are going out to you all. I will probably lurk because there are some of you who I would like to check up on. Good Luck Jason!! I know you can do it. ***tears****tears*****I am so depressed right now. Ciao everyone! Erin
Jason B.
on 4/22/04 9:24 pm
I'm so sorry! That made me very sad. Don't give up you might want to consult another doctor for a second opinion. Do whatever you can to make this happen.
mary G.
on 4/22/04 9:41 pm - dudley, ma
Erin -- if you really want the surgery -- don't give up. Before getting into Dr. Hess ... what type of health insurance do you have? Find out from them what their requirements are for WLS. Would Dr. Hess approve you if your BMI was 40? That seems to be the magic number. I have seen where some people have actually had to gain weight to bring their BMI up to 40 so they could get approved -- which seems crazy to me. Getting approved for surgery is not easy -- health insurers are requiring all sorts of things now. My insurance now has a WLS exclusion -- I have to change my insurance company -- and I'm going to have to pay for the coverage myself because my employer only offers CIGNA -- right now I don't have the money to pay the premium so I'm on hold...... But if you want the surgery, you'll find a way. Good luck.
Nancy I.
on 4/22/04 11:03 pm - worcester, MA
Erin hang in there ok dont give into the food demons maybe trying a different doctor who might be able to write you a different diagnosis My thoughts are with you hun Nancy
hope4life
on 4/23/04 12:12 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Thanks so much for everyone's kind words and support. I am back in the park and I am NOT giving up. That would be too easy and I am made of sterner stuff. Thanks so much for your support. It means soooo much to me. Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views