On the Menu

Jason B.
on 4/19/04 10:28 am
Can someone tell me what types of food I will be able to eat right after surgery? I know liquids but what kind. Then I move on to soft foods what kind? Will the nutritionist tell me? Or do I receive something from the doctor that tell me exactly what I need to have for when I come home.
Lisa S.
on 4/19/04 8:49 pm - Whitinsville, MA
I am just about 100% positive that you will receive something from the nutritionist as to what you will be eating in "stages". For example. first 3 weeks.. liquid only... carnation instant breakfast (CIB), water, popsicles, SF jello, decaffinated liquids like tea, coffee, etc... next 3 weeks... soft puree foods... ricotta cheese, refried beans..any pureed meats..etc.... They will not just send you home without any instructions. Ask your nutritionist at your next appointment, or just give a call.
heather68
on 4/19/04 10:33 pm - Silver Lake, NH
Your dietician will specifically tell you what you are allowed to have. There are differences with each program...
DramaQueenJessica
on 4/22/04 9:14 am - Wayland, MA
Jason, when you meet with the nutritionist at Morton she/he will give you a list of yes' and no's for after surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views