4 DAYS POST-OP -6LBS! :)

cotesbabe
on 4/16/04 2:06 am - Agawam, MA
Hi All, I had my surgery 4/12 starting weight 235.1 I had to go to the dr this morning to get my staples out........ and they weighed me.......i was like your weighing me this soon.i'm going to get depressed if you do......they said no just jump on then i was like ok what's the verdict.......i was like omg your kidding that cant be right! i wieghed in at 229!!!!!! -6 lbs in 4 days!!!! So i'm on cloud nine today! i dont think anything can bring me down today! God Bless Stephanie
Michelle S.
on 4/16/04 4:12 am - Fitchburg, MA
That's great, Stephanie I am so happy for you!! I can't believe they already took your staples out! I didnt get out of the hospital until I was 3 days post op and they removed my staples when I was 11 days post op. Today, I am 15 days post op and have lost a total of 32 pounds, so I can relate to your excitement. God Bless You Stephanie - Keep on losing! ~Michelle~
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/16/04 5:23 am - Winchendon, MA
WOOOO HOOOO This is only the start of the melting process. Good luck and take care. Dawn -60
P A R.
on 4/16/04 12:54 pm - Boston, MA
Congrats Stephanie!! Glad things seem to be well with you!!
Christine P.
on 4/17/04 7:51 am - Keene, NH
Hi Stephanie, That is great! Where did you have your surgery? I have an appointment with Dr. Robinson on Tues. I have done all of my pre-op testing, so I hope that he can do my surgery soon. Hope you get to goal soon. Chris
cotesbabe
on 4/17/04 8:33 am - Agawam, MA
HI Chris, I had my surgery done at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield,MA Good luck to you on your upcoming journey! Stephanie 4/12/04 -6lbs
Brendielee
on 4/17/04 9:05 am - Groton, MA
Congratulations! I can't wait to join the losing side! Brenda
Kathy A C.
on 4/17/04 12:00 pm - Marlborough, MA
Ahh well another "lightweight" like me! I had my surgery on May 3, 2002 and weighed 237 lbs to start. Keep up a positive outlook, try to take walks if you can enjoy the wonderful heatwave we are having in MA now... and please e-mail me with any questions you may have about Post op life. I have nearly 2 years under my belt and have kept the 100+ lbs off and steady. Now a size 8...un-imaginable in my past, I have a completely new and happy life. Amazing what a little weight loss can do for your psyche! I recall the first couple weeks I lived on sugar free jello, tang, tomato soup and cream of wheat cereal. You will enjoy watermelon after a month or so (I lived on it all my first summer) and I promise that weird full feeling and dumpy-ness will be gone in a short time. I started to feel normal about the 3 month mark. This is the so-called "payback" right now and up to your 3rd month...when your pouch rules. Treat it with respect, don't pu**** to over-fill or try to eat sweets or pasta or rice...you can damage it. At 2 years post op, I can literally eat almost anything, tho once in awhile I goof up and have ice cream and wine at the same time (!!) and get sick. But that's another story... best wishes and stay hydrated if you can! Don't worry about protein quota's this early on...you won't starve to death or die of malnutrition... you can live off your stored body fat about 3 months they say! Stay healthy, stay positive. The best is yet to come and you are on your way!!! Start going to Goodwill and Savers stores for clothes in lower sizes...you will drop a size probably every 2 weeks... it will go fast. Thrilling too! Take care, Love your bariatric sister in MA, Kathy A Collins
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/04 7:39 am - haverhill, MA
Hey Stephanie! Good start. Keep up the good work.
hope4life
on 4/18/04 10:26 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S* Stephanie!!!! WOO HOO!! You are on your way to being a big LOSER!!!!!! Let that melting begin!! I am so excited and happy for you. That is awesome! Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views