question for post ops!

Kim T.
on 4/16/04 12:38 am - Dracut, MA
Hi All.. I'm 9 days out from surgery and i feel fantastic.. (maybe too fantastic) or maybe by Sunday i had already lost 13 lbs!!! now here's a weird question, since then i can eat quite a bit.. rarely feel exceptionally full, never nauseaus, and i've GAINED a pound!! ??????? i know that i'm staring at the scale but sort of expected to see at least a pound or two drop... anyone have this trouble at the BEGINNING of their weight loss journey?????? i put a call into dr; waiting for call back now.. was just wanting to get opinions of others. Thanks ~Kim
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/16/04 5:29 am - Winchendon, MA
I could be water you are retaining. You should start to melt very soon. As for eating quite a bit???? Are you on soft foods? 4 oz. was my max at that early stage, it took me 1/2 hr. to eat 1 scrambled egg because I felt full. Just stick to the diet and follow Dr. directions. Good luck. Dawn -60
Kim T.
on 4/25/04 8:50 am - Dracut, MA
well the feeling fantastic has halted and quick now i feel like a post op patient... i dont know why i was able to eat/drink so much so easily before but now i have to slow down... (learned that the hard way) my first week was sooooooooo easy i was almost scared.. not anymore tho, i've had to stick to mostly protein shakes and soups, jello occassionally sugar free ice cream for a treat (2 tablespoons) and that's about all on my menu right now. thanks so much for the advice and congrats on your loss youre doing fantastic!! ~Kim
Kathy A C.
on 4/17/04 12:07 pm - Marlborough, MA
OK Slow down on your eating. The weight gain happened to me after 14 days...I gained 3 lbs and stopped losing for about a week...then it picked up again. It is your body adjusting to the weight...makes for less sags and bags if you ask me! Try eating Cream of Wheat and watermelon (no seeds!) for a change of pace. Seems like you are trying to push your pouch to limits...DON'T! The pouch is in charge and should be respected (I named mine SPIKE for a reason) and only fed a little at a time. Stay away from any food that will swell in your tummy (like rice or pasta). I still cannot eat those after 2 years post op without getting a little sick. Do not fret the weight loss...and do not compare your weight loss to other people's. It is very different for eveyone. Stay hydrated and take your supplements if you can now. Remember, drink as much water as you can, or crystal light or Tang... and do not have coffee until your 3rd month. The caffeine will make you lose calcium when you pee... the truth! If you have any questions, please e-mail me. I am celebrating 2 years post op on May 3rd. I feel great and people at my new job have no clue I was once a size 22! Take care buddy, Kathy A Collins
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views