H M R ??

kim ..
on 4/14/04 2:25 pm - Arlington, MA
Hi I went for a consult on Tuesday and my doc told me i have to lose 50lb he said for me to try HMR liquid diet has anyone ever tried this or even heard of it?? he said about 300 bucks a month im hoping my ins will pay for it... Kim
renee R.
on 4/14/04 10:16 pm
I DID HMR FOR A FEW MONTHS, I LOST 40LBS THE FIRST 5 WEEKS. IT IS EXPENSIVE AND NOT MANY INSURANCES COVER IT. I HAVE BCBS/HMO BLUE AND IT WOULDNT COVER IT. IT MIGHT BE A GOOD WAY FOR YOU TO GET WEIGHT OFF QUICKLY. ALTHOUGH, I HAVE TO TELL YOU I NEVER UNDERSTAND WHEN SURGEONS REQUIRE WEIGHT LOSS BEFORE SURGERY. ISN'T THAT WHY WE ARE RISKING OUR LIVES WITH THIS SURGERY, MY SURGEON DID'NT REQUIRE IT, THANK GOD GOOD LUCK!!
hope4life
on 4/14/04 10:59 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
What is a HMR diet?? I am just curious. I never heard of it before. Sorry for being a pest.... Erin
Luann S.
on 4/15/04 10:19 am - Randolph, MA
Here is a link about HMR products http://www.hackleyhealthmanagement.com/shop.php It is expensive, not covered by insurance or tax-deductible. I was on 2 shakes a day and a "normal" meal for a while and lost 20 lbs in about 6 weeks. The shakes are good, the bars are good (I still use both at times) the soup is ok if you spice it up and I haven't tried the meals. If you don't have to cook or buy food for anyone else, I guess it would be ok and not that expensive when you consider how much you might spend on food each month anyway. It is a medically supervised plan, and a lot of insurances will pay for the medical supervision, especially if they approved you for surgery, I would think. A lot of local hospitals have information about this program. Luann
kim ..
on 4/15/04 11:58 am - Arlington, MA
Hi Luann thanks for the info and the link well i sure cant afford this so again i lose and not in the right way so i guess i cant let this get me down but like Renee said above this is why we are here. So its back to the drawing board. Kim
Kriola
on 4/17/04 10:00 am - On the water, MA
Hi Kim I did HMR at Milton Hospital, it was very expensive, but it works. I lost approx. 52 lbs in 3 months. Good Luck MaryLyn
Liz F.
on 4/18/04 1:23 am - West Quincy, MA
I am on HMR 800 now - 5 shakes a day and nothing else - I lost 29 pounds the first week, but not too much since then - and yes it is expensive - mine is $70.00 a week and not covered by insurance - but it is worth it. It also helps get you in the mind set for eating alot less than we used to. Since I know my surgery is Sept. 17th, I am hoping to come off it for a while since it is so costly, but I will do what they want me to Liz F. West Quincy, MA. PRE-OP
kim ..
on 4/21/04 1:43 pm - Arlington, MA
Hi Liz I was told to try the HMR but i can not afford it so i was looking at slim fast and it will cost about the same and HMR has more protein so i went to the web site for HMR and i figured you are doing 5 a day so i based it on that and i can afford the HMR 120 it will be about 145 a month. So that is not to bad compared to 300 a month as i was told. what is your calorie intake for the day? im not sure where they want me to be but is 600 to litttle for a person to live? or will i have to have a real meal too? i was just hoping that you may know something about this. Thanks Kim P.S i have to lose 50 lbs and the faster i do it the faster i have LAP RNY oh boy i cant wait.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views