I have a surgery date

DENISE L.
on 4/13/04 10:57 am - ROCHDALE, MA
I got my date May 7, after a year of classes and meetings and Dr's appts. it has finally come, and boy am I nervous...I sorta know what to expect from reading everyone's posts...And research I have done..But is the first couple of weeks, emotionally straining...can someone answer that for me...
hope4life
on 4/13/04 9:40 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Congratulations Denise!!!! I do know that being scared and nervous is so totally normal. But I know that you will feel so much better once the Melting begins and you are a Loser. Good Luck and Congratulations. I can't wait to post a date but I am at the very beginning stages of WLS. I am soooo jealous. LOL. (((HUGS))) Erin
DENISE L.
on 4/25/04 10:09 am - ROCHDALE, MA
Thank You Erin for your words of encouragement, greatly appreciated.. Your time will go by fast, and before you know it you too will be posting a date and I am the one who will be wishing you luck on your losing journey..Take what you can from your meetings, Dr's, and councelers.. They truley do care, and want you to succeed... Good Luck Denise
Carolyn C.
on 4/13/04 10:39 pm - Watertown, MA
HI Denise I had a really hard time, the first few weeks out--the "what the heck did I do to myself" syndrome. It gets better, once you are up and moving and out and about. This place is really a great source of suport!!! Good Luck! Carolyn
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/04 11:42 pm - haverhill, MA
The first couple of weeks, you will be concentrating on your physical recovery...at least that was the case for me. I was very focused on getting the right amount of water & protein into my body and walking a bit more every day. It is a tough road...but worth every minute! I can honestly say that I had my surgery 2 yrs ago and never regretted it...even once.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views