I'm starting to freak out

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/04 11:45 pm - haverhill, MA
Oh....and I went to Brigham & Women's for my surgery as well. I had Dr Robinson as a surgeon.
MLONG
on 4/13/04 11:59 pm - Wales , MA
I know how you feel I am going in on the 11 of May. Everyone on this board has been supportive ask anything and you will get answers Maryann
Michelle L.
on 4/14/04 7:03 am - Waltham, MA
Hi Carol, I'm having my surgery on the 10th of May and I'm finding that I have a few freak out's here and there. I've made a list of all the reasons why I'm having this surgery, (it's constantly being added to), here's a bit of it: Reducing my risk of heart failure Reducing my risk of diabetes complications Being noticed for me, not my weight First clothing purchase not at Lane Bryant Getting a new license and not being able to convince the registry that it's really me The first time someone who hasn't seen me for over a year sees me Taking a bath and having the water cover my body; being able to get in/out of the tub Fitting into the seats at Fenway/Fleet Center/Airplane/movie theatre Running up the stairs and not getting light-headed I work near Lawrence and go to the movies there all the time, (love stadium seating), if you want to get together for coffee or a bottle of water I'm willing. I think it'll be great to have people who know exactly what you're going through around! Good luck, Michelle [email protected]
Carol T.
on 4/14/04 10:53 pm - Lawrence, MA
Hi Michelle, I actually think what keeps me striving forward is the small things, like actually being able to go to the movies and fit in the seat. Not being embarrsed on a plane if someone sits next to you. Not being a recluse anymore! I would love to get together sometime so we can both freak together and not feel alone. Part of my issue I feel also are my parents. They don't want the surgery and keep telling me all the negative and then they want to come stay with me after the surgery-No Way! Thanks for letting me ramble Carol
Kathy A C.
on 4/17/04 12:15 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hi Carol, I had "Food Funerals" the last couple weeks before surgery! I had a Breyers Ice Cream night, Drakes Cakes night, Pizza night...thought I'd never again have these foods (pleasures) in my life... that was 2 years ago... I am 2 years post op (May 3rd) and still -100 + lbs and a size 8. I look back to the fears and anxiety I had before the surgery... I even wrote letters to close friends and family in case "the worse" happened... and I came thru it all fine. It is scary but well worth the risk. I not only got my life back...I changed it completely and live a happy and full, meaningful life with a new lover, a new job and a fresh new outlook. It is amazing what not worrying about your weight or appearance will do for you! I go to tourist places and enjoy doing things rather than wanting to just sit down and eat something. You relationship with food DOES change...although my ever-present sweet tooth is still there. I can eat chocolate and ice cream now, but it isn't the same and I so not eat more than a couple spoonfuls. You have made a wonderful and brave decision. You are taking control of your destiny. Go for it and don't stop now! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Take care... your bariatric sister in MA ... Kathy A Collins
Carol T.
on 4/18/04 12:54 am - Lawrence, MA
How do you deal with the people who just don't understand , or the people who want to sabatogage any efforts you have made before? My parents I love but they are great sabatoers? I can't talk my mother out of coming up and it is really stressing me out! My sister won't even come see me so she is no help either Thanks, your freaked out bariatric sister Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views