Going to my consult

kim ..
on 4/8/04 12:50 pm - Arlington, MA
Hi this is my first post and i was wondering what to expect when i go for this consult. I am having this done at Lahey Burlington not sure who i am having the surgery done by but i hear great things about Dr. Brams and Dr. shah. i am real excited about this i am thinking about a laparoscopic R N Y has any one had this type done before and if so how did it work out for you? I also just want to say all the post op's i have seen you are all amazing and look wonderful congrats to you all Kim
Jadeloose
on 4/8/04 2:36 pm - revere, MA
Hi Kim I too am just in the beginning stages of this process so I cant offer any words of wisdom. I just wanted to say hello Ive only been on the board for about 4 days and so far everyone is wonderfully welcoming. So glad to have found this board Im sure you will love it and find it a valuble resource as I do. Hope to chat more Kristen
hope4life
on 4/8/04 10:39 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Kim!! I am relatively new here. I am having my first initial consult in 13 days!! (I was scheduled with another surgeon in October & he is up and moving out of state so I had no choice but to find another surgeon....it worked out in the long run for my benefit....**teehee**) I don't know what to expect either so I'll be checking to see if anyone posted their views and experiences. You will learn so much from those who have BTDT. WELCOME TO A WONDERFUL SUPPORTIVE PLACE!! Everyone is just awesome here. Erin
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/04 10:55 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Kim, I had an Open Rny done at Brigham & Womens....so I can't offer any help with Lahey's program.....Just wanted to say welcome!
Lisa G.
on 4/9/04 4:01 am - Waltham, MA
I had my lap RNY at Lahey Burlington on March 10th, with Dr. Shah. Do you already have your consultation scheduled? I can tell you it's an all day thing, with four different appointments. 1. You'll have a group orientation with Karen (the nurse practitioner). 2. You'll have a one on one with Leslie (the dietician / nutritionist). 3. You'll have a one on one with the surgeon (Dr. Shah or Dr. Brams). 4. You'll have a psych consultation. I much preferred this, rather than to have to come back for four different appointments. I cannot speak more highly of Lahey and all their people. I felt remarkably prepared for everything, the care in the hospital was stellar, and the follow up care is great. I am so thrilled with my choice. I'm 4 weeks post op, I've lost 30#, I've had no complications, and I feel fantastic. If you're really interested in Lahey, you should come to the Support Group meeting Monday night (April 12th) at 6pm. It's held at 31 Mall Road in the first floor conference room. It's really helpful for pre-ops and post-ops alike. My mom was here with me for my surgery, and there was a group meeting two days before, so she attended with me, and she felt much better about the process after hearing other people's stories. Best of luck, Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views