UPDATE! GREAT UPDATE!!

hope4life
on 4/8/04 12:15 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
My PCP finally called back and I asked her about another surgeon for a referral. She said (I love my PCP) that as long as my insurance covers the dr. then I can see whomever i wish!!!! YAHOOEY!!! I called Tufts and Dr. Hess is one of the Tufts providers. This opens up a whole new world for me!! I have made an appointment with Dr. Donald Hess. He is an associate of Dr. Forse and has done surgeries with him. I am so totally excited about this. I have heard really good things about Dr. Hess and I don't have to wait until October. My appointment is April 22!! YAHOOEY!! I cannot tell you all how excited I am. My doom and gloom and wait is over. My stomach is doing flips. YYYYYEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! The dark cloud has finally floated away! YEA!! My PCP also said that the reason for choosing Dr. Forse was because of his good reputation. Dr. Hess has worked with Dr. Forse so I feel totally at ease with him. And I haven't met the surgeon yet. YET! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Erin
Mickeylpn
on 4/8/04 2:46 am - Weymouth, MA
congratulations Erin you have a made a great choice,, 2 weeks out from my surgery with Dr Hess, and just saw him today. Long journery but you will do great, my intial consult with him was APril 18 last year and finally had my surgery on March 26, be patient,,, it does happen.. and i also have another pre op appt on the 22 too... see ya
Jadeloose
on 4/8/04 3:30 am - revere, MA
YAAAY Erin!!! WOOHOO! Good for you girl. Im so glad you are happy with your choice and that your PCP was cooperative and mostly that you got an april 22 date, im jelous. Kristen
hope4life
on 4/8/04 4:48 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Thank you ladies! I am like on cloud 9 here....Woo Hoo! But this is just for my 1st initial consult. I know it will be a long road but a good one and like you said Michelle, definately worth the wait. I am in such a good mood, nothing can ruin it now! Erin
Luann S.
on 4/8/04 8:12 am - Randolph, MA
Great Erin! I think having that first appointment sooner is a good thing. I was on a 4 month wait to see Dr. Forse last fall and I ended up changing my mind. Despite what I said in a previous post about good reasons for a long wait to surgery, I think a shorter wait to that first appointment is better. It lets you know what is ahead and you can see some light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know if Dr. Forse has announced to all his patients, but the administration at BMC has announced that Dr. Forse is leaving in September. I forget where he is going. Dr. Hess seemed surprised that I knew about, even though it was in hospital wide e-mail! So, Erin, it is just as well that you didn't wait all that time and not end up seeing Dr. Forse anyway! Good luck! Luann
Luann S.
on 4/8/04 8:28 am - Randolph, MA
Whoops! Should have read your earlier post first! I don't know why they are so surprised that people know things about doctors. Dr. Forse does have a wonderful reputation and he was probably made an offer he couldn't refuse. We used to have a friend who was a neurosurgeon, making good money, full professor and was offered a position in another state, operating room built to his specifications and because it was a hospital connected to a popular car company, a brand new car every year! He lasted 18 months and went back to where he came from! This surgery is very popular, very big money so, doctors will go where that will be most advantageous for them. Dr. Forse was snatched away from Beth Israel a few years ago, so he is probably really being taken on by hospitals to establish good programs, teach other doctors how to do the surgery well and move on to another place where the surgery is much more scarce. If you look at the national message boards some people are 6 hours away from a hospital that can do the surgery and have to leave their families so they can stay close for follow-up. We are lucky to have so many choices in this area! I am sure Erin, that they will pick someone good to take Dr. Forse's place and I personally really liked Dr. Hess. I would be annoyed if I made an appointment with someone and they left (it has happened to me in the past with one of my kids) but he may not have been sure of what was going to happen at the time the appointment was made and the administrative staff probaly didn't know anything about it until recently!
hope4life
on 4/8/04 10:53 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Luann, That is my thing. I would be so upset if I waited and waited and waited and then he just up and left. I don't blame him for leaving. I mean if someone offered me a prime position, I'd be a fool not to take it. So I can't begrudge him that. I just wish they didn't book any new patients. He should have gone about it differently and not booked for October if he knew he was leaving. Know what I mean?? I am glad to know that I have options. I just hate the waiting game. Just waiting for the next 13 days is going to kill me. And that is for the 1st initial appt. What am I gonna be like when they give me a surgery date??? LOL LOL I'll be a big basket case. LOL....Did you say you have Dr. Hess now or are you still seeing Dr. Forse?? I swear I am getting early alzheimers. Maybe WLS will give me my memory back. LOL LOL Erin
hope4life
on 4/8/04 10:58 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Sorry Luann I should have looked at your other post. DUH!! You are seeing Dr. Hess. I feel comfortable with him too and I haven't met him yet. I guess Cloud 9 gets you dizzy...Yeah, yeah that's it!! LOL. Erin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views