Has anyone had surgery at

hope4life
on 4/7/04 9:29 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
New England Medical Center AND Brigham and Women's Hospitals??? If so, would you mind telling me your opinion about your surgeon and your surgeons name. I am trying to find another surgeon. Thanks for all your help. Erin
LizSmith
on 4/7/04 9:41 pm - western MA
Erin, I had surgery at NEMC and had a fantastic experience. My RNY was on 2/10/04 and my doctor was Dr tarnoff. I had Kim smith for the original psych eval and dr rockhart as my group leader. margaret furtardo is my nutritionist. if you are committed to all the requirements before and after, this might be a good program. if you have specific questions, feel free to email me. Liz 238/189/145
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/04 11:08 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Erin, I had surgery at Brigham & Women's with Dr Robinson. Wonderful surgeon. Excellent care at the hospital. Post op followup is helpful too. He has a good nutritionist with his program who has been very helpful too! Best thing I ever did for myself.
Helen F.
on 4/11/04 8:51 am - Quincy, MA
Hi - I had Sr. Shikora at NEMC, he's absolutely wonderful (they all are there!!), and I recommend NEMC to anyone looking at WLS - it seems to have the most comprehensive preop proram, and lots of post op support (as much or as little as you need/want). But, they really give you the education you need ahead of time to prepare yourself for what's going to happen. Knowledge is power! Good luck to you, with whatever you decide (I've heard good things about BW, just never been there). Helen 263/184/145
Laurel04
on 4/12/04 5:45 am - MA
Hi Erin, I just had my surgery on April 6th at NEMC. The surgeon, Dr. Tarnoff, was wonderful. In fact the entire staff was great.... and the entire process from start to finish only took 4 1/2 months. But, what I like the best is all the post op counseling available afterwards. Large post op group meetings every month, and smaller post op meetings, twice a month. You don't have to participate, but I am looking forward to it. Laurel
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views