Hello, New here :)

Jadeloose
on 4/5/04 1:32 pm - revere, MA
Hello Everyone * I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kristen, Im just getting started in looking for a Dr ...which I think I may have found one from this site Darius Ameri in Stoneham MA. Hoping he takes my insurance and that my appointment with my primary goes well Wednesday when I approach her with wanting this surgery. Originaly I had a scheduled bypass 7 years ago and cancelled the evening before At the time I had a relative who was instrumental in convincing me that it wasnt something I needed and that I was more or less going to choose my own weight by my habbits. Well now 7 years later and diet availible here Iam. I dont regret not having it the last time, perhaps for me if I wasn't convicted enough to not allow anothers opinion change my mind then it may not have been the right time afterall. Not this time, this time Im definatly knowing what I want and will not allow anyone elses influence decide for me. I thank you all for being here, even though I havent chatted with any of you yet I do feel support just knowing you are here. Hope to chat soon Kristen
hope4life
on 4/5/04 9:05 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Kristen! You have all the support you need here as well (and keeping my fingers crossed) from family members. I was really surprised at the support that I have received from my family members. My sister wasn't too keen on the surgery but she won't try to convince me otherwise. My mom is just afraid I will die but she understands and knows my struggle with weight loss. My DH (when I finally told him & I explained the procedure to him) was understanding and temporarily supportive. I guess he is afraid something bad will happen to me. But everyone on the boards are so helpful in answering questions and just being there when you have a problem. They all have BTDT. I admire them all. Like you I was having doubts and would have let someone talk me out of it too. BUT, I did alot of investigation and reading up on WLS. I have decided that this is WHAT I WANT and NO ONE can convince me otherwise, supportive or not. I know I can do it and I KNOW you can do it to (as long as you know this is definately what YOU want to do). Welcome to this wonderful group of people and I am looking forward to making this journey with you! (((HUGS))) & tons of support! Erin
Jadeloose
on 4/5/04 10:48 pm - revere, MA
Thank you so much Erin. Im so glad this is a welcoming board. It was great you replied so soon to my post, definatly a nice surprise. Hope to speaking much more with you soon. Kristen
Luann S.
on 4/6/04 9:16 am - Randolph, MA
Welcome Kristen! I am new too! Luann
Jadeloose
on 4/6/04 12:19 pm - revere, MA
Hi Luann Thank you for the nice welcome, and welcome to you as well Maybe you and I will be on the same page with timing since we are both just getting started. I hope to talk to you more soon. Kristen
Tanya C.
on 4/6/04 11:42 am - palm Bay, Fl
Hi there. Dr Ameri is great! I had LAP RNY with him in January. He runs support groups once a month. The next one is next Tuesday at the Jenkins center in Winchester. They have a good mix of pre- and postops. Good luck! Tanya
Jadeloose
on 4/6/04 12:22 pm - revere, MA
Hi Tanya Yes Yours was one of the first profiles and opinions I read on Dr Ameri, Sounds to me like a well respected Dr in this field and I hope things go well for me with my primary appointment tomorrow then I will get to see him for myself Thanks for the information on the meetings too, I will definatly be going to one assuming things go as planned. Maybe Ill see you there. Kristen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views