Three Week Update

Lisa G.
on 3/31/04 8:03 am - Waltham, MA
Hey all... I went back to work this week, thank GOD. I was so painfully bored after three weeks at home alone. I've done pretty well, though I do get a little tired as the afternoon wears on. The only real problem I have is my desk is exactly incision-high -- meaning every time I pull my chair up to my desk, I bump my two largest incisions. *wince* Still, as problems go, that's pretty minor. I brought my cough pillow in with me today, to use as padding. I look silly, but I'm a lot more comfy. I've still had no complications at all. I feel good, I'm shrinking out of my clothes, and my energy level - residual fatigue aside - is decent. My incisions are healing nicely, though I still have a nasty looking bruise where they gave me the anti-clotting meds while I was in the hospital. I can eat everything I've tried to eat, including (admittedly) some stuff I shouldn't be eaten. Let's just say I know I don't dump. I did, however, learn tonight what that 'full' feeling is and when not to pu**** Yeesh -- that one last bite can be frickin painful!!! Fortunately, it passed fairly quickly and I didn't throw up. So what are the numbers, you ask? 06-Nov-2003 333# (consult date) 10-Mar-2004 308# (pre op weight) 31-Mar-2004 281# (3 wks post op) That makes 27# since surgery, 52# total. I'm a happy girl!!! I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good! Peace, Lisa Lap RNY Dr. Paresh Shah-- Lahey Clinic, Burlington
hope4life
on 3/31/04 8:31 pm - W. Bridgewater, MA
Congratulations Lisa on being a LOSER!!! YEA!!! I am so happy for you and I hope that the #'s keep on melting. Great job! Keep up the good work as well as take your supplements, protein and water water water!! Erin
Carolyn C.
on 3/31/04 9:29 pm - Watertown, MA
Hi Lisa Congratulations on the great job you are doing!! Carolyn, a neighbor from Watertown!
Lisa D.
on 3/31/04 11:07 pm - Stoneham, MA
Congratulations and what a great job. Keep up the good work! Open RNY 2/11/04 456/368/233
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/04 1:14 am - haverhill, MA
Congratulations Lisa! Welcome to the losers club! Keep up the good work
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/1/04 4:12 am - Winchendon, MA
I'm so glad everything is going great for you. You gotta love that meltin feeling !! Dawn -54
Susan D.
on 4/4/04 11:05 pm - Fall River, MA
Congratulations Lisa! Glad to hear that you are doing so well! I will be having surgery, this Thursday the 8th...getting a little nervous but mostly exicted to finally have it done! I'll be a loser by Friday! Stay well and keep on loosin'!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views