One week away from surgery

Susan D.
on 3/30/04 2:58 am - Fall River, MA
Hi All, I am one week away from surgery ( open RNY). Funny thing is that I am not nervous. I just want it over with so I can get started on my new " Loser" Life. I never thought being a loser would make me so happy. I feel like I have been eating everything in site. Did this happen to anyone? It's almost like I will never see food again and am having all my favorites. Well then again...maybe I am nervous and that's why I am eating a lot. I know it will be hard in the begining but I have lots of support. Has anyone heard from Kelly ?????????? I haven't seen any more postings on her and hope she is ok. I'll let you know as soon as I can how I am doing post surgery. Talk to you later...
hope4life
on 3/30/04 3:05 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Good Luck!! I am very jealous that you are only one week away. I still have a while before I am seen for my 1st initial consult. Anyhoo, I am so excited for you! Talk to you on the "Loser" side. I am so happy for you! Good Luck, Erin
Helen F.
on 3/30/04 4:40 am - Quincy, MA
I was exactly the same as you!! I was trying to lose weight before, but kept thinking "this is my last chance to eat X..." I didn't get the slightest bit nervous until maybe 2 days before, but I had my mind made up! There's no question it takes courage to walk into the hospital, relatively pain-free, knowing you're going to come out sore. But keep the big picture firm in your mind - I haven't heard or seen a single statement from a WLS postop that said they regretted it. Good luck!!
DJJCHARRIS
on 3/30/04 5:37 am - Winchendon, MA
I ate everything I could right before the surgery. I think it was at least 4 1/2 gallons of ice cream. I believe we all go thru it. I am doing fine now and just squeezing in the best foods for me now it little little little portions. Well except the sweets that is. Good luck and best wishes. You will love the meltin feeling. Dawn -53
Michelle S.
on 3/30/04 6:32 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Susan. Like you, I am not too far away from surgery. I have mine in less than 2 days, on Thursday April 1st. I am not at all nervous. I have an unexplainable calmness over me - just very much so ready for this to happen! I have the time off from my job, my husband has time off from his job, and my sister are taking care of my children for me while I am away. I will be spending the first 10 post op days at my Mom's house, in Quincy. I WANNA eat everything in sight, but I cant ! Here's to a healthier you and a healthier me! ~Michelle~
Nicole G.
on 3/31/04 7:07 am - Dracut, MA
my surgery is on 4/5/04 and i want to eat everything in sight. my doctor already warned me that if i gain even just one pound that he want do my surgery so i am trying my best to stick to my diet. it's torture. i wasn't at all nervous till the other night. i think i just finally let it ge to me. i was thinking that my neice is to little to remember me god forbid anything happens. i am over it now. i know i will be fine. my surgeon is great. i think i just needed that little cry to get my emotions out. i've been keeping myself busy, mostly online, it gives me less thinking time. good luck with your surgery and also to everyone else who posted here as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views