Donna D.
on 3/28/04 4:21 am - Randolph, MA
Hi all, This is my first posting but I have read all yours off & on for the last several months. I have decided to have my surgery at BIDMC in Boston after reading some things here & doing other research and talking to people. I am a nurse and they do the surgery where I work but decided on BIDMC. I have had my initial visits & waiting to hear about an appointment with the surgeon. I would like to have it done by lap but I may not qualify for it as I would need to loose a bunch of weight. I have a sister & 2 neices who have had the open RNY in NYC & they have done very well. Too bad you can't get a group discount. Anyone else have their surgery at BIDMC? Donna De
Liz F.
on 3/28/04 5:29 am - West Quincy, MA
Welcome to the group Donna! I live right next door in Quincy - I am Pre-Op, my doctor is Dr. Hess out of Quincy Medical, and my surgery will be at Boston Medical - possible within the next 4-6 weeks. This is the best place outside of in-person support groups to ask any questions you may have, and to learn as much as you can. Glad to have you with us! Liz F. West Quincy, MA. PRE-OP
Carolyn C.
on 3/28/04 5:54 am - Watertown, MA
Hi Donna Welcome to the group. My hubby is from Randolph originally. Good Luck with your journey!! Carolyn
hope4life
on 3/30/04 3:14 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Donna! I've been a lurker for a while and have learned so much from this board. I finally got the nerve to post. Welcome to the Information Highway!! I have learned so much from this site as well as from everyone here. I am hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) having my surgery done at Boston Medical Center. That is the only place where my surgeon will perform the surgery. Glad to have you aboard. Erin
Donna D.
on 3/31/04 5:44 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks for the welcome eveyone. I'm looking forward to talking to people on this site. I'll keep you posted about when I will be seeing the surgeon Donna
Luann S.
on 3/31/04 7:29 am - Randolph, MA
Hi everyone! I am new also, and neighbor to a few of you! Donna, I am a nurse also and have an appointment to see Dr. Hess in Quincy next week. I work at BMC and considered having surgery elswhere, but think it would be much more convenient to do all the appointments and support group things at BMC or QMC than to be traveling to another hospital. I had an appointment last year but backed out. I am still weighing(no pun intended) the pros and cons but am feeling more and more that this is the right decision. I look forward to hearing from everyone on this board. I posted on the main board earlier this week and couldn't even find my own post! Luann
hope4life
on 4/1/04 2:58 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
Hi Luann! I am still kinda nervous about having the surgery at BMC. But I have to go where Dr. Forse goes. Welcome! This board is alot more user friendly. I post on another board and it moves so quick I get lost in the shuffle. But the people there are nice but so hard to keep up. Everyone here that I met have been so kind, supportive, and close to home. What do you do at BMC? Just curious. Welcome! Erin
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/04 1:21 am - haverhill, MA
Welcome Donna! I am 2 years post op . I had my surgery at Brigham & Women's. I am very happy that I did this. Good luck.
Jadeloose
on 4/6/04 12:37 pm - revere, MA
Hi Donna Im new also. Just wanted to say hello and hope to talk more over the next few months...maybe years... lol Kristen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views