birth control and plastic surgery..

Nicole G.
on 3/23/04 1:05 pm - Dracut, MA
i am 23, almost 24, and have surgery scheduled on 4/5. i want to get on birth control right after surgery but dont want to have to worry about taking a pill or replacing a patch. does anyone know if there are any limitations on who can have an IUD put in? i have no kids yet. also, i have one more question. i have harvard pilgrim health insurance and was wondering if anyone with the same insurance had them pay for plastic surgery (Tummy Tuck) or know someone who has gotten a TT payed for by harvard pilgrim? i know it's early to be thinking about but saving $ for school and need to know if i should start putting $ away for plastic surgery.
sharons_ma
on 3/24/04 9:13 pm - Boston, MA
If you are losing weight, an IUD is not a good option for you. With weight loss the IUD may need to be replaced due to poor fit. Regardless, weight loss increases the chance of device failure (the little guys can sneak by). The same issue exists with a diaphragm. Your best options are either chemical (patch, pill or implant) or prophylactic. As a Harvard Pilgrim member, you can utilize their website to do additional research or "Ask and Expert". http://www.harvardpilgrim.org HTH! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views