Finally got a date - 4/8/04

Susan D.
on 3/17/04 9:53 pm - Fall River, MA
Hi All, I finally got a surgery date and will be going in on 4/8. I can't wait. I am glad to here that Kelly T. is doing well. I can't believe that her date has come and gone already. I just have a question. My doctor sent instructions for prepping for surgery they basically say to stay away from aspirin, ibuprofen, drink lots of water, take my tums and vitamins. I find it strange that there is no liquid diet or a cleansing process the day before surgery. Can anyone tell me if they had any speciall prep for Open RNY?
Lisa D.
on 3/17/04 11:35 pm - Stoneham, MA
I didnt have to do anything prior to surgery other than dont eat or drink after midnight the night before. As long as you follow your doctors instructions, you will be fine. Good luck and see you on the losing side! Open RNY - 2/11/04 456/375/233
DJJCHARRIS
on 3/18/04 5:43 am - Winchendon, MA
I had 24 hours before on clear liquid only. Just follow the instructions given. You will do great !! Congrats Dawn -50
DENISE L.
on 3/23/04 1:34 pm - ROCHDALE, MA
I personally have not gone in and had it done yet...meet with the surgeon tomorrow, so hopefully the date will be right around the corner...But I was informed by my nutritionist that it was strictly fluids the day before the surgery....no food whats so ever....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views