I need some advice

kelli72
on 2/18/04 6:33 am - ma
I am three weeks post op and I am very tired and having trouble getting my mashed protein in. any suggestions?
Tanya C.
on 2/18/04 8:01 am - palm Bay, Fl
Do you use protein shakes? I know what you mean about always being tired.
mysticalflwr
on 2/18/04 10:30 am - MA
Hi Kelli You will be tired for a little bit. I am 8 weeks post op and I am still tired but I feel great otherwise. I had trouble with my protein, I was doing shakes, and I added a little sugar free and fat free pudding mix to it. That was the only way I could get my protein in. Goodluck. Everyday is a challenge, but well worth it. Michelle
DJJCHARRIS
on 2/18/04 11:22 am - Winchendon, MA
You will pep up real soon. Week 4 was a real boost for me. As for your protein just fall back to your shakes or CIB. Don't short yourself because that will also make you tired, not getting enough. Best of luck, Dawn -37
mbslife
on 2/19/04 3:03 am - Ashburnham, MA
Hi there, I remember those days! I'm almost 20 months post and I still can remember how draining it could be. Do you do refried beans? I loved them with melted cheese. If necessary I would whip them even more and heat them up real well and add some grated cheese (that will melt). I also used to scramble up an egg with skim milk and cheese. Take your vitamins faithfully and try to keep your protein intake level so that you don't have any dips. Gentle hugs Maribeth
Amy S.
on 2/19/04 4:53 am - Hillsboro, or
Kelli: I had troubles too so try some of the following: -fat free refried beans with a small sprinkle of FF cheese, a tiny dab of salsa and FF sour cream -FF ricotta cheese with a bit of spaghetti sauce -low fat yogurt -of course protein shakes -tuna and low fat mayo put through the food processor. It makes it very light a fluffy -Cottage cheese -scrambled egg with a bit of milk mixed in to make it light (it works!) Good luck!! This is the tough stage. Just a few more weeks and things will be much better!!!
kelli72
on 2/26/04 9:32 pm - ma
Thank you all, week 4 as someone stated below was a HUGE boost for me. I felt like someone put a rocket under my body. I was cleaning and everything so I am feeling not so tired but I still need to get my protein in. I have ordered some protein samples from a vitalady online. I have tried the tuna but I think the mayo is making me sick. I truely hate the fat free so its hard. I eat yogurt but after a while my body hates the same thing and I start to gag. Thank you for your responses
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views