BCBS HMO Blue of Mass

cindyj
on 2/2/04 10:14 am - worcester, MA
Just want to know if anyone has heard anything more about them not paying for LAP RNY, only OPEN after Feb 1st. I am waiting to be approved for my March 2nd surgery. I called my doctors office today and told them what I had heard on this board. She told me that she hasn't heard anything about this and in fact had gotten approval for someone today for LAP RNY. Anyone hear anything more?.....
Wendy P.
on 2/2/04 9:07 pm - Quincy, MA
Hi Cindy, I work for BCBS HMO Blue of Mass and they are not denying the laproscopic procedures. I just called my surgeons office and they indicated that it was just a rumor that was going around. I hope this eases your mind a little.
DJJCHARRIS
on 2/3/04 1:47 am - Winchendon, MA
I think that rumor started in some other state, and with a different insurance company. No worries : Good luck & best wishes Dawn -30
Christina W.
on 2/3/04 9:09 am - Carver, ma
AAAHHHH but what about reconstructive surgery??? I have not been able to get an answere out of any one regarding tummy tucks.
ginny1029
on 2/6/04 11:28 pm - Taunton, MA
I work for BCBSMA and the are still allowing the procedure. They are jus****ching it closely adnd reviewing it as they do any surgical procedure due to the recent deaths here in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
LizSmith
on 2/7/04 9:51 pm - western MA
Cindy, I was approved for lap RNY on Feb 6 for a Feb 10 surgery! Liz
Laurel04
on 2/8/04 1:02 am - MA
I also work for BCBS and have not heard anything about them denying the lab RNY. Why would they deny them, supposedly they are much less surgically invasive then the open procedure. They also just started covering the lap band done lap as of 1/1/04. This must just be one of those horrible rumors that we all dread hearing.
Penny T.
on 2/11/04 5:53 am - Tewksbury, MA
I am having surgery on March 2nd also!! Where are you haveing it? I am having it at NEMC!!
marypoco
on 2/11/04 8:07 am - amherst, MA
Hi Cindy, I have hmo blue from mass and I just got accepted last friday. So , I don't know where you heard that from , but, they approved me. I will be having a lap rny. so , I don't know what to tell you. check into it again. good luck Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views