Jane Magazine Survey

Deb H.
on 1/14/04 7:21 am
Attention all: Jane Magazine's "rant" of the week is: Should insurance pay for stomach stapling surgery? You can go to Janemag.com and click on rant. It allows you to email the editor with your response. My response was educate yourself before asking such questions - This is not a gut instict thing but a serious health issue resolution. Log on and let the magazine know they are being irresponsible
Lisa S.
on 1/14/04 12:19 pm - Whitinsville, MA
This is one way of looking at it. This is what I sent off to the magazine. Thanks for the link. I hope that we all send off a letter. Lisa My name is Lisa Stern and I had Gastric Bypass surgery 5 weeks ago. I had 25 pre op apptointments that I had to pay the co-pay of $15 each. I would have paid for 50 appts if I had to. I don't have any of the co-morbidities that a lot of obese people have, thank G-d. However, I know me and I know that without this surgery I surely would have died. I would have continued in my present way of being and I would have probably developed high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea etc. This surgery was my last chance. Insurance could pay for this now or pay for my heart attack, perscriptions, and soo many other things that I would need in a debilated state. This investment of $25,000 or so pales in comparison to what they would have to pay out. Obesity is a disease. Why in the world wouldn't insurance pay to help cure a person of a disease? Thank you for listening.
Deb H.
on 1/15/04 10:15 pm
Jane Magazine has changed it's survey question on-line. It is still in the magazine in stores now. They are now asking about a mud-wrestling match between the OC and 90210. I guess with all the responses they learned that they can not ask questions they are uninformed about... or ones regarding serious health issues. Thanks for everyone's help - the first step in understanding is education.
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 1/26/04 12:35 am - Springfield, MA
Ohhh Jane M. don't mess with WLS. Yes, I will write and will let my friends know so they can write too. Thank you for the info. Hugs**Celines
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views