Need HELP ASAP....

blank first name B.
on 1/7/04 3:28 am
OMG I cannot believe this - in one of the email groups I was in I noticed everyone was talking about eating Wendy's Chili - well, since my boss and myself are both having the surgery we wondered how the 2 ounce pouch would allow anyone to eat a container of Wendy's Chili with no problems - and then I was BANNED from the group for asking that question!!! OMG are people THAT sensitive and secretive about this whole process that they cannot even answer a simple and logical question???? I thought for sure this was going to be a great community to learn from but I see I was wrong... I don't think I will be recommending other friends to come here after all of this - yikes....
ItsThenewKelley
on 1/7/04 9:09 am - Fall River, MA
Did they eat the whole container of it or just some?
mary G.
on 1/7/04 8:16 pm - dudley, ma
Doesn't make sense you'd be banned for asking that question -- but if that's the sole basis of their banning you, you're probably better off not being a member of that group. I've noticed on the main message board there's been quite a bit of bickering -- but it's just best to ignore it. There's a lot of helpful information here and a lot of support. So don't give up on us yet!
Chris G.
on 1/8/04 8:54 am - Natick, ma
People on this board can be a little clicky, for the most part I found people to be very accepting but there some that are less so. I asked that questionearly on as well, but I think I asked or made a comment post op that was along the lines of "what the hell are you doing in Wendy's ordering Chilli?" Personaly, I am a year and a half out and would get sick almost imediatley if I ate a spoonful of chilli When I first started logging in to the message board all I put was my name and was ignored most of the time. However when I put my name followed by the amount of weight I dropped I am suddenly accepted. When I told my wife she thought I was crazy until I actually demonstrated. Hang in there, regardless of a few people, this place is a good resource, to reccommend people to stay away isn't right either. Chris http://www.geocities.com/theweightlossofchrisgelinas/
Martha K.
on 1/19/04 7:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
You shouldn't have felt unwelcome for asking any question. I'm sorry you were made to feel that way. As far as chili, I am a little over 5 months out and I have chili 2-3 times a week. It's a great source of protein and fiber. I make my own, but I did have the chili at Wendy's once (I like mine better - I use ground turkey). I know many post-ops who eat chili often. It goes down very easy. Don't forget that any liquid (and chili has a lot) will slide down and not fill you up as much. As any other food, there are people who can tolerate it and others who cannot. You'll find what works for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views