Got Surgery Date/New to board

cotesbabe
on 1/3/04 10:01 pm - Agawam, MA
Hi ,this is my first time posting,I've been reading for awhile though,I'm having my surgery april 12,laproscopic.can anyone tell me what im in for as far as pain,vomiting..ect....... What foods do you eat after? When do you start eating?I havent got that far with my dr yet and i was just wondering. I also have to say i've been waiting a long time for the day to get my date.,know that i have it i'm so excited! But i'm also very nervous,i have never had any surgeries or even been in the hospital for anything......... what should i bring along me? im taking my own night gown and robe and slippers and toothbrush......anything important or comforting i can take? Anyone feel free to email me......the more support the better........Have a nice day Stephanie
ItsThenewKelley
on 1/4/04 6:03 am - Fall River, MA
Welcome Stephanie! I have not had surgery yet but I have a date set for March 12th. I'm hoping for a sooner date... I obviously can't answer your questions cause I'm still Pre op as well But What I've heard from most people that have had this surgery is to bring CHAPSTICK! Anyway, sorry I couldn't answer more of your questions... I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. Keep us all posted! Take care. Kelley
Chris G.
on 1/8/04 8:59 am - Natick, ma
wow, stephanie, so many questions and not a short answer to any of them. The one thing you need to knowabout this board or more importantly this surgery is that is affects people in so many different ways. For instance, although I spent 4 days in ICU Inever had any significant pain afterwards. I have been out a year and a half and I still vommit on things. I brought stuff to the hospital but was too tired to bother with any of it, just wanted to watch TV. Shoot me and emil if you would like and we can start a dialog about the surgery. You can get to my email via my site. Chris http://www.geocities.com/theweightlossofchrisgelinas/
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views