I'm confused

kelly927
on 12/31/03 11:32 am - braintree, MA
I am hoping that someone can anwser this for me. I had my gallbladder out lap. last year. I was heavier than I am now. After sergury none of the staff asked me to walk, I did not have booties on to prevent blood clots, and I was never asked to cough, I did not have any draining toobs. nor a cathater. Is the gastric bypass lap. much worse than the gallbladder lap? I don't understand why the nurses did not have me perform the same procedures when I had my gallbladder lap. out when I was over 300 lbs.?? I feel like I am asking the experts!!! Thanks Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/04 7:49 am - haverhill, MA
Kelly, I really don't know the answer to your question...except to say that the blood clot thing is very serious....all I can say is walk...walk....walk...and when you are tired of walking....walk some more. I had my surgery open not lap....if they had told me to stand on my head...I would have.
Chris G.
on 1/4/04 9:24 am - Natick, ma
Not even close to being qualified to answer your question. But I will offer that I an open bypass and had to walk ASAP, recently just had a hernia repair LAP, and had to walk asap, had the vibrating boots on as well and was asked to cough and use the breathing toy 6 time per hour. Chris http://www.geocities.com/theweightlossofchrisgelinas/
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views