Where is everyone?

P A R.
on 12/11/03 11:45 am - Boston, MA
Hey all, where the heck are all the Mass WLSers? Just wanted to say hi to everyone!!
mary G.
on 12/11/03 11:17 pm - dudley, ma
Unfortunately, this board is way too quiet. I check in pretty regularly and there never seems to be anything new. Wi**** was more active. What is your status == pre-op or post op? Me, I'm pre=op == all my testing, counseling, etc. done -- just have to lose the 10% which I'm working on - but it's hard this time of the year. Also have to change insurance companies. Since I have to pay for it myself, I have to wait til after the first of the year, when my funds, hopefully, will be in better shape.
P A R.
on 12/12/03 10:38 am - Boston, MA
I am pre-op, I have my consult scheduled for January 13th. Wow, glad to hear you have all your tests behind you, I hope everything works out well with your insurance. So you were told to lose 10%? Seems like quite a bit, and your right, especially this time of the year. Good luck. And thank you for replying...it is nice to see some Mass people come out of the woodwork.
Lisa S.
on 12/13/03 5:40 am - Whitinsville, MA
Just sat back at the computer right now from surgery on Monday. Good luck to you guys that are pre-op. It's all hurry up and wait. Im struggling to drink the liquid carnation instant breakfast every other hour. It's not that Im "full" I think... It is that I still just don't have an appetite. Have to force myself to drink water and cib. Thats about where I am right now. talk soon. Lisa
Lisa G.
on 12/15/03 11:26 pm - Waltham, MA
My surgeon also said he wants me to lose 5% to 10%. That's 15 to 30 pounds in three months. That's DEFINITELY doable. For his purposes, it's both to test your commitment to making these changes, as well as to help shrink the liver and ease his way for laparoscopic surgery. My re-evaluation is Jan 30th and I'm expecting I'll have lost about 20 pounds by then, which puts me right in the middle of his goals for me. It's a good way to check your commitment to yourself too. Using "this time of year" as an excuse won't fly anymore. As our nutritionist says, after surgery, there is no 'day off' from your new stomach. It's a 24/7/365 commitment. If you can start making those changes now, you'll be in great shape for the additional changes post-op. Peace, Lisa
mary G.
on 12/16/03 8:33 pm - dudley, ma
Somehow my first post got lost......... Thanks Lisa (Gallo) -
mary G.
on 12/17/03 2:32 am - dudley, ma
Hey Lisa Stern -- congratulations on crossing over to the losing side -- I hope to be there soon. Of course, I have to be "committed" ..... One of my delays is caused by financial issues -- have to get, and pay for, new health insurance as my current health insurer doesn't cover the surgery...... but I want to wish you the best of luck. Must feel great to be starting the holidays and new year on the right foot.
Lisa S.
on 12/17/03 5:31 am - Whitinsville, MA
Thanks Mary. The company I work for dosen't cover WLS in their insurance so I am veryYYYYY lucky that my partner was able to put me on her insurance. Gotta love that. You too will be on this side... Have patience... Write any time. Lisa
Janet.V
on 12/22/03 6:52 am - new bedford, MA
pre-op here to for 2 yrs now and getting frustrated happy holidays
kelly927
on 12/23/03 9:55 am - braintree, MA
Well, my consultation is tommorow. So I guess you would call me a beginner. I am very nervous. Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views