How to get started...

Alyson M.
on 12/1/03 4:56 am - Dennis Port, MA
I know the doctor I want to do my surgery... the problem is I don't quite know what to do. My pcp is opposed to the surg, so I want to get another opinion. How do I do that, where do I call? I'm totally clueless about how to get started on this quest. If someone would walk me through the process that would be wonderful! Just someone to ask questions to, like who to call/write letters to, how to contact the surgeon, etc.
ItsThenewKelley
on 12/1/03 7:57 am - Fall River, MA
I don't know how all Insurance companies work But I know with my Insurance company I had to make the call to my surgeons office myself. I didn't need a referral from my pcp. But what I do need is written medical clearance from her about 2 weeks before surgery. I'd say call your ins company and see what they require...Good Luck Kelley
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/03 8:54 am - haverhill, MA
This all depends upon what kind of insurance you have. If your insurance requires a referral from your PCP, then you have to get that. If your PCP won't do this....get a new PCP!! You have every right to investigate this surgery and decide if it is right for you. One way to find a WLS friendly PCP is to call the surgeon that you want to do the surgery and ask their office for the names of PCP's from your insurance plan that refer to him/her. Good luck. kim O
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views