Average WLS date schedule?

P A R.
on 11/30/03 3:15 am - Boston, MA
How long did it take for you to receive a surgery date from your initial consultation? I am not in a hurry but wondered if I would be able to have the WLS before I get married in June or should I plan on postponing my wedding? You are all inspirations and I have learned an incredible amount from reading your sites and postings. Thank you all!!
Mickeylpn
on 11/30/03 4:38 am - Weymouth, MA
It took me from April 2003 to Nov 2003 to get a date for March of 2004. lots of testing involved ..takes awhile....
annstan60
on 11/30/03 12:24 pm - Weymouth, MA
Each doctor's schedule and testing requirements will vary a bit from other peoples experiences. There are so many factors that can make it happen quickly or make it take a long time. I started in Nov. 02 and had the surgery in Sept. 03 (10 months). A lot depends on how healthy you are - someone with many medical issues will have to undergo more testing than someone without a lot of medical problems. If you are trying to get it done at a "faster" rate, you have to be your own advocate - i.e. doing some of the legwork yourself - especially with confirming appointments, making sure test results get delivered to the right people, etc. Whatever happens, good luck on your journey!
P A R.
on 12/1/03 8:55 am - Boston, MA
Thank you for your replies. I called the surgeons office and asked if there was anything I could do. She suggested I wait until after the consult. Some things must be done in a time frame according to your insurance. I am not in a hurry, but am just anxious. I am grateful to have had the time to research WLS and have made my decision that I am 100% ready. I thank you all for logging in your experiences and journeys, reading them has helped me tremendously.
Lisa S.
on 12/1/03 9:28 pm - Whitinsville, MA
It took me from November 2002 to October 2003 to get my date of December 8. Good luck
ItsThenewKelley
on 12/9/03 2:04 am - Fall River, MA
I had my first Consult On April 25, 2003 and got my approval and surgery date of March 12, 04 on november 4th "jump:. So a total of 11 months wait from first consult till my surgery date. Its been a long process and my surgeon requires a lot of pre op testing .But I don't mind the wait cause I know it will be well worth it!!!!! Kelley
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2250 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views