Concerns over office staff

kelli72
on 11/2/03 10:44 am - ma
I have dr Fersoco and staff at Dedham medical center and I am not having a good time dealing with them., I get no call back most of the time and always an answering machine. I get contradicting info and they make me feel like I am bothering them but its been almost 3 weeks and no appt with surgeon schduled yet. what if anything should I do? I get fustrated because I feel they should be better equiped to deal with people as myself who are nervous and need some advice and what will their attitude be after surgery if I have a problem.
Lisa G.
on 11/3/03 12:45 am - Waltham, MA
I had those same problems with Brigham & Womens Hospital and Dr. Robinson's staff. I changed doctors. I'm sorry, but it's my feeling that if they can't get things together to make a phone call, I'm certainly not going to put a scalpel in their hands and say "Sure, cut me open!" I suffered for too many years with substandard care. It's worth the wait to get a doctor that will give you the attention you deserve and - quite frankly - the attention you are paying for.
Christina W.
on 11/5/03 9:30 am - Carver, ma
I had a huge problem with Dr Ferzoco. I was originally scheduled for surgery with her in May and she called me to cancell my surgery 4 days before hand just because she felt like she needed to stop doing surgeries at the Good Sam in Stoughton. She sd she needed a break and then I found out of her pregnancy and that she was switching offices ect., ect., ect., She sd she would have me done the begining of July, Well The she back peddeled and sd will call me in August. I went with Dr. Bruce Bodner and he is now My hero!! So kind and caring has the bed side manner of an angel. I was done on July 30th and am down 69 pounds....WHOO HOO. I wouldn't let Dr ferzoco touch me after all she put me through. My PCP sd she may have had a problem in the OR and that is why they transferred her to a different practice with other DR's to watch over her...... something to think about.
kelli72
on 11/6/03 1:46 am - ma
update on this situation, I have to say that I met with Dr, Fersoco today and I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is ok and I guess people have differnet personalitys but I think the botton line is that you have to take charge of your own medical care at times and not exspect that everything is being done, for example, my primary MD was called on tuesday to say I needed a refferal to the surgeon today, I get there today and no referral so that is where I say you just have to be in charge and do alot of the work yourself unfortuanly. at any rate I was explained by the MD today on situations discussed here and I am very satisfied with her answers and I am schuduled for surgery on Jan 26!!!!!!!! I now have to go through the insurance nightmare so I will update you all on that, I appreciate all your responses and Pray that all your dreams come true no matter who or where you went
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2250 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views